Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Sitcoms

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good Life was enjoyable, mainly for its chemistry between the lead characters. Briers and Kendal were very believable.

Was expecting a...

"But if they knocked on my door drunk, I'd say oi Briers NOOOO...."

So many good comedies over the years it really is hard to pick and choose, but Farty Owls sits as King of all it surveys.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Anyone seen Community? In the first few episodes it seems like a generic US sitcom but it soon transforms into something quite different. Not my favourite sitcom, but it's well worth a watch.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Anyone seen Community? In the first few episodes it seems like a generic US sitcom but it soon transforms into something quite different. Not my favourite sitcom, but it's well worth a watch.

Community is bloody brilliant .....stick with it, it get's really surreal and so funny :) the first series all seems very "generic" but then it starts getting good!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Community is bloody brilliant .....stick with it, it get's really surreal and so funny :) the first series all seems very "generic" but then it starts getting good!

Oh I did. As I said it seems generic to start but develops into something else. Some moments of gold. The Dan Harmon-less season 4 is a bit weak but it really picks up again in 5 and 6 when he returns.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Plenty of shitcoms in the 21st centry for sure, but nothing that comes close to FT in my opinion.

And for the record, I absolutely adore Partridge, The Thick of It, The Office and Phoenix Nights, but I don't quite classify them as sitcoms. Its a grey area though, granted.

There are some cross overs, situation comedy is a bit like a funny soap. One for me is red dwarf, a comedy and sci-fi, Drop the Dead donkey is another. They dont have to have a Domestic setting.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There are some cross overs, situation comedy is a bit like a funny soap. One for me is red dwarf, a comedy and sci-fi, Drop the Dead donkey is another. They dont have to have a Domestic setting.

The original series of Red Dwarf were brilliant.

Beardie

Oct 25, 2009
d7f8de2447d1e5d36ba30ed86798a61d.jpg

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Oh I did. As I said it seems generic to start but develops into something else. Some moments of gold. The Dan Harmon-less season 4 is a bit weak but it really picks up again in 5 and 6 when he returns.

Yes agreed it went in a weird direction when Dan left ...he had a bit of a run in with Chevy ...imho was the worse character in the show!! so good when he came back :) some great surreal episodes; the paintball fights are classic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here