• Molineux

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Probably shouldn't have put the AMEX on this poll as that's a given.

I think on a poll of favourite PL grounds you have to include them all as for me the AMEX is far from a given. (At the time of writing, 53 people have listed it as their favourite - but then again 87 haven't).

I think the AMEX is a wonderful stadium and feel that we are very lucky to have it. But I couldn't hand on heart say that it is my favourite. Of course, I'm fully aware of all the hoops the club had to jump through to get it built in the first place and the conditions attached but I'm not a fan of the location nor the fact it can only realistically be accessed by public transport (which post-match in particular can be pretty poor if, like me, you have a couple of small kids with you). I much prefer 'city / town centre' grounds. Plus I wish the north and south stands had been designed to be a little bigger and more steeply raked. The north in particular just always looks particularly small and dominated by the dour grey wall behind it. Maybe the new shelf will help?

So yes, I think the AMEX is a fine stadium but not my favourite.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I will probably be the only person to pick Goodison, no doubt partly because I've never had to go in the away section, which is by repute the worst in the division. But the sense of tradition, the church and church hall in the corner, the terraced streets, the weird shape of the main stand, the Archibald Leitch architecture - when it goes, something will have disappeared from the top flight and will never come back.

You've probably nailed this. I was so looking forward to going to Goodison for the 1st time (Knocky sending off game) for all the reasons you mention, but is sooooo crap in the away section, I was really, genuinely disappointed.
I do like the traditional grounds and settings - enjoy Craven Cottage, Villa Park, but the Spurs stadium was jaw droppingly beautiful and slick..

FannieMac

Jan 4, 2014
Aside from the obvious Amex vote, gone for Molineux as its the closest to where I live now, its got loads of history, the Wolves fans are friendly and the pre match fire display is pretty good

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I like the Amex, partly because so many fought so hard to get it, and because the view from my seat at the front of the ESU is so brilliant, with the West Stand as the backdrop. But I agree that the blank wall behind the stupidly small North Stand is a complete design failure and that whole end should have been rethought before building started. There are so many good things about the stadium that I can't believe that something so obvious somehow snuck through.

My least favourite PL grounds are West Ham, which is a soulless and insane mistake, and Southampton, which is just so monumentally featureless and dull.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Should be two separate polls, one for away ground and one for away trip. Best away ground is Tottenham but best away trip is Fulham.

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
Other than the Amex of course!

I love Fulham's charm, and the fact it is a quality away trip.

I haven't been to Tottenham's new ground yet but it looks superb

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Should be two separate polls, one for away ground and one for away trip. Best away ground is Tottenham but best away trip is Fulham.

Good point, well made. And I agree on both counts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here