Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The one I had on my bedroom wall as a teenager

Enfants.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe someone from here can help me with a nearly related problem.

Can anyone recommend somewhere who'll convert a jpeg picture into a poster.
I'm not after anything grand, think personalised Athena (one for the kidz)

I've been saving the artwork I like with a view of updating my walls after decorating.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
On the wall in Pevenseagull towers

Attachments

• 16769757947385211069266299445586.jpg
    16769757947385211069266299445586.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Lots of Drew Sturzan posters popping up here.

The Thing, Star Wars Films, Blade Runner, Indiana Jones Films, Police Academy, Goonies, Shawshank Redemption etc. etc.

His style fell out of favour when the studios just wanted a big picture of the star on the poster. In part this was so the film poster worked better on the cover of VHS cassette boxes. Shame.

A notable event at the end of his poster career was 'The Mist'. The main character is an illustrator and director Frank Daranbont opens the film with a scene of him.at work with all the pictures in the studio being Drew Sturzan posters. Sturzan created a poster for the film but the studio rejected it as being old fashioned.

There's a good documentary, 'Drew, the man behind the poster'.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Although not the original movie posters, there's a graphic artist I like called Olly Moss who does his own versions of movie posters that are very cool and you might find interesting http://ollymoss.com/

He also did the artwork for the video game 'Firewatch' which some people maybe aware of.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
….

Attachments

• BB3B2D88-0B0E-4AE0-A9F1-1B222FDAF40B.jpeg
    BB3B2D88-0B0E-4AE0-A9F1-1B222FDAF40B.jpeg
    629 KB · Views: 26

SAC

May 21, 2014
Maybe someone from here can help me with a nearly related problem.

Can anyone recommend somewhere who'll convert a jpeg picture into a poster.
I'm not after anything grand, think personalised Athena (one for the kidz)

I've been saving the artwork I like with a view of updating my walls after decorating.
Are you just after a poster printer? If so, Instantprint (https://www.instantprint.co.uk/posters) are good value. You will need to convert the JPEG into a PDF (plenty of online sites to do this) first.

If you prefer to go into a shop, Minuteman Press in Hove are also good but a bit more expensive but will probably convert your JPEG for you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you just after a poster printer? If so, Instantprint (https://www.instantprint.co.uk/posters) are good value. You will need to convert the JPEG into a PDF (plenty of online sites to do this) first.

If you prefer to go into a shop, Minuteman Press in Hove are also good but a bit more expensive but will probably convert your JPEG for you.
Thanks.

I also forgot to ask if I'll fall foul of copyright?
Will they print anything?

Most of my images come from Cool Bike Art feed off of that there The Twitter, like this one which isnt going to make the cut

FpRyPExXoAI8V76.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here