Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Favourite instrumental

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Its actually nearly 60 years... sorry.

Yeah I mean I like the track, I've always liked it since my teacher showed it to me back in 2005 and demanded that my next writing project would about Joe Meek.

Maybe it lost a tiny bit of value to me when I watched the recording from when the Tornadoes performed the song for the first time in many years. The guy looking like the mayor from Spin City is possibly doing the worst piece of guitar play I have ever heard from a professional musician:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENFz2gVItjc

And you know... I cant just call it the best instrumental song ever because of how technologically advanced it sounds despite its age. In that case I would just have to sit around and listen to Stockhausen all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qi4hgT_d0o

My maths is ****ed, yes nearly 60 years ago... And only 17 years from the end of the second world war, it's mad how modern it sounds...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My maths is ****ed, yes nearly 60 years ago... And only 17 years from the end of the second world war, it's mad how modern it sounds...

Yup. When I first heard in 2005 I really thought it sounded.. almost like "the music of the future". When listening to it recently it has aged pretty quickly though, with the growth of electronic music in general. Not saying its a bad thing, its still a special song, I'm just no longer thinking "hmm, did they make this song tomorrow?".

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Yup. When I first heard in 2005 I really thought it sounded.. almost like "the music of the future". When listening to it recently it has aged pretty quickly though, with the growth of electronic music in general. Not saying its a bad thing, its still a special song, I'm just no longer thinking "hmm, did they make this song tomorrow?".

Have another think. Telstar was made only 17 years after the Second World War... it was so far ahead of its time as to be ridiculous...

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville

A vote here for almost anything by American jazz-funk-whatever collective Snarky Puppy. The best moment of this clip is around 6.40, when keyboardist Shaun Martin starts laughing at the outrageous brilliance of Corey Henry's solo.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
One of the more surreal hits to come out of the 60's enhanced by this gobsmackingly weird performance by Mr Smith on German TV, so weird I actually bought this! Ooh, I've just realised it's a false ending song as well!

:mad: :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here