[Music] Favourite Country Song

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
Sublime

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Good to see plenty of other Taylor Swift fans on here. Thought I might get a bit of a ribbing for it 😁

The other singer I'm really enjoying at the moment is Morgan Wade, Wilder Days being a particular favourite on my playlist.

Great song, had her album on a lot after seeing her at C2C last year.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Its C2C this weekend which means I'm sure to get FOMO having decided not to go this year.
Still I did get tickets this week for Morgan Wallen in December so here's one from his latest sessions.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Always good to see this thread back - the classic mix of some really good music suggestions and posters sharing the unsolicited information that they don't like country music. :ROFLMAO:

Steve Earle has been posted a few times, as has Townes Van Zandt. I had never come across Steve's son, named for Townes, Justin Townes Earle. This song turned up a few months ago on a roots compilation I was listening to and I loved it. Sad to read that he had similar troubles as his dad and died early like his namesake. Seems to have left some wonderful music.

Any fans of Carrie Rodriguez? I saw her on one of, the sadly now very rare because the Channel's being wound down, BBC4 music documentaries. This one was a series about the history of various strains of South and Central American music. She's a great songwriter and country violinist. Has made a few albums with Chip Taylor and 'Lola' a fantastic album exploring her Mexican roots.

And speaking of Chip. He wrote this classic. (As well as 'Wild Thing') This is Melba Montgomery's 1977 more country sounding version of Juice Newton's huge hit.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here