Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Commentator?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Chris Waddle?!

He's mental

The late, great darts commentator Sid Waddell: "When Alexander of Macedonia was 33, he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer … Eric Bristow's only 27."

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Alan Green really gets on my tits. I had the pleasure of a train journey back from London to Wilmslow about a year ago with Robbie Savage, who was very chatty. He described Green as a short arsedmoney obsessed clueless **** with a chip on his shoulder.

Surely Pot/Kettle?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Alan Green really gets on my tits. I had the pleasure of a train journey back from London to Wilmslow about a year ago with Robbie Savage, who was very chatty. He described Green as a short arsedmoney obsessed clueless **** with a chip on his shoulder.

I've never met Alan Green but that sounds exactly how he comes across. Savage gets something right!!!!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Of today's commentators I really like that Geordie bloke on the radio, I don't know his name though.
Martyn Lewis on Sky has always been very good.
Alan Green, all ITV and Motty can all do one as far as I am concerned.
And while I am here John (know all c**t) Inverdale irritates me beyond belief.

Ouch ! he's awful ! he has a horrible Geordie shouty whine whenever anything remotely exciting happens, I genuinely have had to turn off his commentary on a few occasions.

PS It's John Murray I think.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Bit disappointed an Albion forum has yet to come up with Jim Proudfoot, Tony Millard or Johnny Cantor for their brief but oh so memorable gems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

Suppose it takes one to know one.

Who comes on loan to a third division team playing at an athletics stadium which they don't own driving a Lamborghini ffs?

Back to the commentators:

Football - Barry Davies all the way. Something excellent about him being middle to upper class but still being able to hit the right tone/notes on the working man's game (when it was still the working man's game.)

Other sports there can be only one - Richie Benaud. Sublime.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Football - Brian Moore - "Look at the concentration on the face of Newcastle boss Kevin Keegle, er, Keggy Keegan, er, Keggy Keegle"

Cricket - John Arlott -(describing NZ slow medium pacer Bob Cunis who couldn't spin the ball) “And, as for Cunis, his bowling, like his name, was neither one thing nor the other.”

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Savage is more a pantomime villain, whereas Green is a ****.

Maybe but there have been very few Pro footballers who have succeeded with less talent than him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here