NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Q. Where does Jona Lewie do his Christmas shopping?

A. Debanebanams-nams, Debanebanams
I find this hard to believe as Debenhams shut down in 2021.

Are you suggesting that Mr Lewie hasn't done any Christmas shopping since then?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I find this hard to believe as Debenhams shut down in 2021.

Are you suggesting that Mr Lewie hasn't done any Christmas shopping since then?
He makes people biscuits now. It’s why you’ll always find him in the kitchen at parties.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Without wishing to speak ill of the dead, I've never understood how a song about a bad relationship could possibly be considered a great Christmas song. Give me Shakey, Wizzard, Slade or The Darkness any day of the Christmas period.
No that’s fine - songs outlive their composers so critique of them rightly endures - but for some people Christmas is sadly all about bad relationships:

Apart from the fact it is a brilliantly written song (imo), you only need to look at the MH threads on here and the increase in calls to MH crises management teams over the Christmas period to know that for millions of people, Christmas is a time of pain and a time for many to feel excluded - All great songs speak to people: I am grateful MacGowan, through his own life experiences, could speak volumes to those who would rather stick sharp sticks in their eyes than listen to Michael Bublé singing about a frickin’ ‘Little Drummer Boy’ just because they are in a darker place than those for whom Christmas is a time of family love and joy - (notwithstanding it’s a nauseating song anyway (imo)).

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
I've always struggled with Christmas but this one does hit a spot...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No that’s fine - songs outlive their composers so critique of them rightly endures - but for some people Christmas is sadly all about bad relationships:

Apart from the fact it is a brilliantly written song (imo), you only need to look at the MH threads on here and the increase in calls to MH crises management teams over the Christmas period to know that for millions of people, Christmas is a time of pain and a time for many to feel excluded - All great songs speak to people: I am grateful MacGowan, through his own life experiences, could speak volumes to those who would rather stick sharp sticks in their eyes than listen to Michael Bublé singing about a frickin’ ‘Little Drummer Boy’ just because they are in a darker place than those for whom Christmas is a time of family love and joy - (notwithstanding it’s a nauseating song anyway (imo)).
Not about bad relationships, but I have known plenty of people over the years who have lost loved ones over the years, and for whom Christmas has always been marred.
And then last year our son-in-law announced to our daughter two days before Christmas that he “didn’t want this any more”, resulting in us having our worst Christmas ever - our 10 year old granddaughter commenting “it’s like having Christmas in a sewer.
The divorce was finalised about a month ago, relatively amicably and straightforwardly albeit with some tensions. But our Christmasses now will always be marred.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
The one by the Darkness - don't let the bellend sing....or whatever it's called

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports