Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Cheese

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I have just polished off some cheese and biscuits and was particulary taken with the "mature but mellow" Cathederal City cheddar.

WHAT is your favourite cheese?.................Discuss

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nice bit of mature Cheddar.

End of.

Mmmmmmmm

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wanted to buy my fav Gorgonzola soft. Like most I called it Dollecellate but was told by an Italien that in Italy there is no such cheese Dollecellate is a brand name in Britain like Anchor or Pilgrims Choice. You need to ask for Gorgonzola Dolce (soft) if you are in Italy.

I am sure Lord B who lived there for some time will correct me if my Italien friend is wrong, although I doubt it as his family own a string of wine bar/restaurants in London (Fino's), so he should know what he is talking about.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
marks and spencers stilton with cranberries:)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Roquefort is the best cheese by far.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I like brie and Danish blue - yummy - and cannot decide which is my favourite.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Roule is nice as well. I like a lot of the german smoked cheeses but I couldnt name any.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In fact, I'm now going to have a cheeky slice of rouqfort before I head off down the pub....presumingly I can find one open in Hove.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I've got my cheese meal ready for tomorrow, Gorgonzola, Stilton, Camembert, Chedder, Red wine and warm the rolls up. I'll have another go at the diet in the new year! :drink:

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
I have a French loaf, a lump of Irish cheddar some waffer thin Parma ham and a big piece of Roomkaas on a plate softening up in the kitchen with my name on it right now.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
A blue veined brie - Cambolzola or something.

Given up cheese for the sake of the baby and am missing it lots right now :(

Camembert is wonderful, but so stinky I tend to buy Brie as a milder option - the Cornish one now spanks the froggy merde too.

Smoked Applewood Cheddar is delish.

English Stilton is nicer than nice. You can crumble it over spinach when creating a salad, melt it on fish for that extra tasty 'crust', or if feeling excessive melt it on toast (make little squares for the frugal of calories,... and don't have so many as to make it the same as a whole slice you fat berk).

Gruyere is good, seems to stay bendy. As does Mozzarrella.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
exceedingly strong cheddar or red windsor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here