Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite cheapie crisps

Favourite cheapy crisps

• Total voters

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
1) space raiders...it is a silly poll, this is the DADDY, everyone knows that.

2) and a close second, and missing from the poll!!!!! (someone needs to be shot or banned).....were the salt n vinegar flavours of these bad boys back in the 80's.

crispsdivers.jpg

anyone remember all these?

2339189934_eff7db3c3d.jpg

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
How much is a pack of Space Raiders these days? I imagine it has moved on from 10p.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
1) space raiders...it is a silly poll, this is the DADDY, everyone knows that.

2) and a close second, and missing from the poll!!!!! (someone needs to be shot or banned).....were the salt n vinegar flavours of these bad boys back in the 80's.

crispsdivers.jpg

anyone remember all these?

2339189934_eff7db3c3d.jpg

You can see a Snaps packet in there. And another Tubby favourite from yesteryear; Rancheros!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Newsagents on 7 dials does snaps. They are Walkers, a mainstream brand but there's no denying their cheapness. Tasty too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anyone here who went to Tarring High school about 1970-80 would probably remember the tuck shop selling loads of Barbecue Puffs .... were they made by Walkers ? Anyway, very scrummy .... I'd love to buy a box of them ..!

ezmally

Sep 16, 2006
Hastings
Space Raiders, pickled onion flavour. Just had 2 packets which were meant for my 2 boys lunch boxes. Oops.

Yoda

English & European
images

These are incredible, I don't know if you can count them under 'cheapie' but these days crisps are like 60p for a pack of Doritos, I recommend these highly, just 39p around Southwick area, don't be fooled by the 25p price because that was from years ago :thumbsup:

These and Tommy Toms

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Damn, Bobby's that's the name! I was trying to remember. Yes, standard hangover fare, bbq lattices too.

Frau Tubthumper's choice :wink:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've started to shop at my local newsagents to work thanks to the Costcutters equally close now so expensive simply for snacks. 85p for a diet-coke? f*** off. I now purchase the ones with 50% extra for free that the newsagent seems to dent and stock. 65p. Bargain. In there also are Frazzles for 39p and Wheat Crunchies for 46p. If i feel the jangle of my pocket light, or just tired to death of the Frazzle, then i go for a packet of Bobbys Spirals.

bobyspirals.jpg

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Quarterback crisps especially cheeseburger flavour used to be 10p a go
Tom Toms go down well too and I remember those SkyDivers also

Stay well away from supermarket cheap value crisps like onion rings/cheese puffs as they have your fillings out in no time at all

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ah yes, quarterbacks. My poll has missed so much. I am ashamed of myself.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
All Bobby's products are fantastic value compared to Walkers. The BBQ Snax, Spirralls, Bacon Fries and Cheese Curls are all good sellers. However we find in our little Village Store that customers always go for the bigger brand especially at the moment as Walkers are doing Price Marked bags for 49p.

I always go for the Bobby's BBQ Snax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here