Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

favourite car you wanted as a young lad?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Being a bit of a wannabe boy racer back in the early ninties mine would have to have been an Astra GTE. Couldn't afford the insurance on one when ipassed my test though.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Would have been a Toyota Sera

sera1.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A Daimler Dart, A Jensen Interceptor or an Aston Martin DB4 - we're talking mid sixties and before James Bond drove an Aston Martin

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Countach or 911. I got a 911 when I was 30, job done.

Here it is.

164_8290996634_4659_n.jpg

Sold it a long time ago, got it out of my system. Don't think I'll worry about the Lamborghini.

The Offspring

Resident Guitar Shredder
Jul 8, 2004
Hants/Wilts Border
Always wanted an original Audi Quattro after first seeing one after its release in 1980, by 1994 I was the proud owner of a 1990 Model Year 20v version, just wish I had kept it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Always wanted a 2CV or oldCitroen DS. Have been the proud owner of 2 2CVs in the last 20 years. Now have a BMW, but really want another 2CV!!

I had one many moons ago, I'm hankering for a Mehari now. found a place near Marseilles that sells them with all necessary MOTs and paperwork etc.

And Smith Did Score

May 9, 2010
Glasgow
Oh I had a list that a lottery win couldn't cope with but will narrow it down!
Datsun 240z
Capri 3.0s mk111
Porsche 924 Le Mans

Actually got a 3.0 Capri mk11 as a first car, a Datsun 280zx and a 300zx to follow. The money I've lost over the years would make me cry if I added it up!
Having said that, I'd blow some more on an old school car now. Possibly a split screen VW camper :)

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Being a bit of a wannabe boy racer back in the early ninties mine would have to have been an Astra GTE. Couldn't afford the insurance on one when ipassed my test though.

I had a mk2 GTE, was a f***ing shed, rotten arches, digi dash that didn't show the correct speed, electrics wrapped in cling film etc etc, but i f***ing loved it, was a beast and wish I still had it, keep looking at em on EBAY but i'm too old now :(

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
citroen-ds.jpg
Always wanted a 2CV or oldCitroen DS. Have been the proud owner of 2 2CVs in the last 20 years. Now have a BMW, but really want another 2CV!!

citroen ds,me too,black but with yellow headlights

The Offspring

Resident Guitar Shredder
Jul 8, 2004
Hants/Wilts Border
Oh I had a list that a lottery win couldn't cope with but will narrow it down!
Datsun 240z

Brought one after I sold my Quattro as a restoration project, 2 years and £9000 odd later, a pristine Metallic Black 240Z with Gold Alloys, badging & cheatlines, was rolled out of the workshop, sold it just 3 months later to recoup the restoration funds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here