Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Brighton goal of all time

Most of Zamora's goals.

A goal I remember seeing on TV was away v Orient 200? season, Albion won 2-0. The whole build up was like watching Brazil culminating with a neat 1 2 on the edge of the box and clinical finish. Can't remember the scorer though, but sure someone can!

Others were a Nelson screamer from in front of the West Stand into the top corner against one of the Bristol clubs in the mud in '88.

Best one for significance and emotional release after all the cack of the preceding years has to be Cullip v Cheaterfield for promotion and I was there!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I haven't been to many games recently, but the last time I saw a truly exciting climax was when Alex Revell scored an injury time winner, as part of his hat-trick, at home on New Year's Day 2008, for us to win 3-2...

They're the ones to get the head and heart pounding :clap2:

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Its been said on here many a time on these threads but Gary Nelson away at Brentford,FA cup 1987.It always gets described but you really had to be there.

I was and yes you had to be there.............i just wish there was video evidence.......

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
What, this one?

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T8x9d2u51_U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T8x9d2u51_U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Brovion posted the Willie Irvine masterpiece on Youtube a few months ago.

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j7yrZUds3_A&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j7yrZUds3_A&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Ah great!! Just played it [several] times.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Something is telling me to say the Zamora goal againt Reading. The 'actual Champions' were asleep and Brooker/Zamora managed to catch them on the hop.'2-1 to The Champions' :yahoo: My vote would have been for Stuart Storer, but I didn't actually see the goal. I was position outside (long story) and that was the portion of the pitch I could not see.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I liked last season's winner at home to Leicester. It was so unlikely, and the thread from whoever it was who had left at half time made it even more entertaining when I got home.

Jul 5, 2003
Brian Bromley's goal towards the end of the 1971/72 season does it for me. He took the ball in his own area and must have beaten every one of the opposition players, in the mud, before thumping it into the goal at the south end of the Goldstone from 20 yards out.

Technically, though you can't beat Deano's goal against Ipswich. It was as nerve wracking as Beckham's against Greece as it was in injury time and he needed to score to get us into the play-offs. Barnsley fans were on their pitch as they had heard that we had finished when Dean calmly curled the ball the wrong way round the wall into the net. OK he was left footed but to curl the ball to the left of the wall into the top right hand corner was unbelievable!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Brian Bromley's goal towards the end of the 1971/72 season does it for me. He took the ball in his own area and must have beaten every one of the opposition players, in the mud, before thumping it into the goal at the south end of the Goldstone from 20 yards out.

Technically, though you can't beat Deano's goal against Ipswich. It was as nerve wracking as Beckham's against Greece as it was in injury time and he needed to score to get us into the play-offs. Barnsley fans were on their pitch as they had heard that we had finished when Dean calmly curled the ball the wrong way round the wall into the net. OK he was left footed but to curl the ball to the left of the wall into the top right hand corner was unbelievable!

Great goal though it was, it wasn't that hard getting it over Phil Parkes.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Bloody hell! I was not born in the early 1970s but the YouTube clip of Willie Irvine's goal and your description of Brian Bromley's goal is starting to give me the (perhaps false?) impression that the Albion side of 1971/72 was playing scintillating football half-way in the evolutionary process between the Brazil World Cup winners of 1970 and Holland's 'Total Football' side of 1974. :clap:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
best goals I have ever seen

1)Garry Nelson Brentford in the cup away 87-88
2)Bobby Zamora Bury away 2001-02
3)Jimmy Case facup semi sheff wednesday 82-83

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Ah great!! Just played it [several] times.

And watching midfield maurding players didn't John Templeman fit the bill. Perhaps one of the underated Albion players of the 60/70's. Seem to remember a local [Arundel/Findon area?]. Where is he now?
That should keep the thread alive!! Night night from Spain.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
best witnessed first hand for me has to be either the Jimmy Case semi-final free kick seen from the Clock End, or Wendy's one against Ipswich in the play-offs seen from the South Stand - both timeless, with that added big match kudos, and as a sad sign of the times both at legendary ex-stadia.....

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
Goals considered great normally consist of one of the following:

- Great strikes (top corner finishes)
- A player travelling a long way wit the ball great distance (Dalian Atkinson - remember him?)
- Someone beating several players (ala Ricky Villa)

Nelson against Brentford had all three. The best goal I have ever seen live by a country mile.

Spot on!
This was quite simply the most amazing goal I have ever witnessed... the best goal by an Albion player.... the best goal by any player.
Deep joy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here