Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Favourite Accent

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
By 'Old Yorkshire' I expect you mean that thee and though business but how does Old Cockney differ?

Cockney these days is diluted with other accents. Especially afro-caribbean. I like the two accents separately, but not the fusion.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Living in Spain, to hear a Spanish lady speaking English no matter how badly is the most sexy thing I have ever heard. I always think they fancy me! Dream on.

Italian - remarkable how singsong it sounds, no other language comes close

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I like a soft Northern Irish accent on a girl, a Norwegian chick speaking fluent English with a Norwegian accent, and Upper Class ladies talking all plummy - and then swearing in a posh accent. :lolol:

Conversely, I despise females who can't speak properly in any accent. A short, sharp taser to the forehead would make them brush up on their vocab I'm sure. :hilton:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Love the Australian accent.

I also love the old Cockney accent but hate the new Jafaican one lahk bruv.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another vote for a French girl speaking English

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The Sussex accent is pretty much the same as a general London accent. There is 60 miles distance as well.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A French woman speaking English takes some beating

Also like Scottish and North American

Any preferences?

Speaking from experience, French women find an Englishman speaking French with an accent attractive too. Speaking it reasonably fluently, that is - not in the manner of Ted Heath

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Brighton's distinctively non-rural-Sussex accent almost certainly comes from the Londoners (amongst others, of course) who moved here during the expansion of the town, and the railway, in the 19th Century and thereafter into the 20th Century. I believe the London evacuees on the whole didn't stay all that long - many were (re)evacuated north along with local kids once the threat of an invasion along the south coast was recognised. My dad went somewhere in the wilds of Yorkshire, says he quite enjoyed it but was glad his mum brought him back to Brighton in time to enjoy the spectacle of the Battle of Britain!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here