Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fati Goal. Offside?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You have to be behind the ball to recieve a backward pass.Is it that you come back from an offside position to get possession of the ball from a backward pass that’s in question if so then yes but it’s also been like that for a while
Not sure how I’ve got involved with this nonsense🤣👍🏻
Yes, and not just been like that for a while, I think it has always been the case. Fati was in front of the ball when it was played, but not in an offside position as there were two opponents further forward than him. The question was asked how come it took so long to decide when the ball clearly went backwards, and here we are.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That’s when I found out about it too.
I can't remember the game, wasn't one of ours, but from a corner, the player taking the corner kick passed to a team mate a yard up the pitch, who trapped the ball and the player that took the corner kick then crossed it, he was given offside, as the Keeper and last defender were a yard off the goal line, and he was in front of both them and the ball when his team mate trapped it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Surely it would have been a penalty if disallowed? Defender went through the back of Joao Pedro forcing him to kick the ball.
I thought that was the reason it was taking so long - that it was offside, but a penalty. But I bet Attwell wouldn't have given it.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Yes, and not just been like that for a while, I think it has always been the case. Fati was in front of the ball when it was played, but not in an offside position as there were two opponents further forward than him. The question was asked how come it took so long to decide when the ball clearly went backwards, and here we are.
Yes that’s what I meant when I said for a while.
Yes exactly I thought they were checking if the ball went out of play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here