Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fatboy Slim Chant

sliding100

Aug 2, 2011
Following my Amex trip Saturday and seeing the matchday programme, I was thinking, why not have a chant using our very own legend's song as a baseline for a new chant for a new stadium.

To the tune of "Praise You"

We've come a long, long way together,
in the North, East and West Stands,
We're Brighton and Hove Albion,
We are the best team in the Land

We could ask for the stadium PA to play a couple of bars of the song to start us off just before kick off to get a really good buzz going.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
It would make sense for us to use a FBS song as our chant, as that would be unique to us and very personal... not sure on the 2nd line though, a mixture of the two would seem ideal..

Through the hard times and the good,
We are the best team in the Land.

Need a way to be able to easily repeat this by way of clapping or 'nuh nuh nuhs'... :D

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
We play the way you wish you could

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Why change the lyrics? Some of the best footy anthems are just sung straight up, rather than cringeworthy lyrics no-one will catch onto.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think the lyrics should be kept as they are. Brilliant suggestion :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We've got to celebrate Gus Poyet,
We've got to praise you Tony Bloom...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why change the lyrics? Some of the best footy anthems are just sung straight up, rather than cringeworthy lyrics no-one will catch onto.

100% true.

wittaz1985

Mar 29, 2011
Eastbourne
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4273925 said:
Or

We've got to celebrate you baby,
We've got to praise you Tony Bloom

I like this, keeps most of the lyrics and helps show appreciation to Tony Bloom.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm not normally one to pick holes in new chants, but what happens after you have sung it through once? Just start again? It just doesn't flow naturally as the last syllable is held. This is the problem with many of FBSs tunes, being dance music they go into a sample or loop or drop of some kind after each bit of singing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not normally one to pick holes in new chants, but what happens after you have sung it through once? Just start again? It just doesn't flow naturally as the last syllable is held. This is the problem with many of FBSs tunes, being dance music they go into a sample or loop or drop of some kind after each bit of singing.

Just jump around innit, or break into Seagulls, Seagulls...

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Keep going till people get bored!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just jump around innit, or break into Seagulls, Seagulls...
Best to choose a song that can be repeated, as it's only sung by a dozen the first time round, before others join in.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Just play the record immediately before the entrance of the team ( and show them waiting in the tunnel on the big screens) to "Sussex By The Sea"

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

Or add a second verse
We've come a long long way together, from the Goldstone to Falmer, we've got to celebrate our story, we've got to praise you......

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Best to choose a song that can be repeated, as it's only sung by a dozen the first time round, before others join in.

This, that is why the 'We are the North Stand' song works so well.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

This. I would absolutely love us to sing this FBS song as it would be so fitting, but what happens after we've sung the lyrics?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here