Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Fatboy Slim - Big Beach Boutique 2022

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Isn't charging people to hear someone play records loudly outdoors a bit like charging people to go on Eastbourne prom for the airshow?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Meh.
The first one was an unexpected smash. It was a great atmosphere. A very good night. They’ve tried a few times to recreate it. It’s never worked again. You can’t go to the same party twice.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Meh.
The first one was an unexpected smash. It was a great atmosphere. A very good night. They’ve tried a few times to recreate it. It’s never worked again. You can’t go to the same party twice.

Fair point, but I met the other half, a couple of weeks prior to the first one (which, as you say, was great) and it was our first gig together.
It would have been a nice way to celebrate our 20th year together, which is why we tried to get tix.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
:D I mean, there were 8 of us and we were all on ready when they went on sale.

Saying that 6 of us were going to Carl Cox last summer and 4 got covid and missed out!

Hmm.....okaaaay. :lolol:

No, I'm sure that's legit, but I bet are are plenty who scooped up a few extras with the intention of selling them on, although that could well backfire, given the statement about re-sold tix being void.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Carl Cox doing a gig there on 23rd July as well
I went to the carl coz gig last year, it's basically a fenced off bit of the beach with different people playing Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday nights

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
never understood why anyone pays good money to go and see someone else play records,

Why do people see comedians who gigs end up on Netflix for free. Or bands when you can stream albums on Spotify for £5 a month

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here