Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fat Sam sets a new record.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is he?

In his recent rant where he declared himself up there with Pep and Kloop. He went onto describe DeZerbiball in detail without actually naming our manager or club. He then ripped it apart stating you lose loads of goals passing from the back and most fans want to see a long ball, flick-on and goal.

He is a one trick pony but a very old lame one that needs taking into the lower field with a shovel and a shotgun.
Yeh, yeh, OK. He'd be a disaster in the PL with a mid-table team now. You know that so it must be true, eh? Good luck with that.

You do realise that he's probably watched - and taken on board - many of the changes since his Bolton team of 30 years ago .............. oh no, sorry, he's thick as shit, right? I mean, he was an old fashioned clogging CH - so he must have been thick. Stereotyping demands that must be the case, eh?
:facepalm:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
That list is complete bollocks

Brian Clough only lasted 44 days at Leeds.

When did football start?
To be fair, it does state very clearly “the shortest reign on Premier League History”, not “in top flight history”.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Per Sky apparently he was. Haven't read the contract myself tho :wink:
It was widely reported that he was only contracted until the end of the season so I guess depends how they are defining ‘permanent’ :shrug:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
........and, TBH, anything that states that is bobbins. The first division has every bit as much prestige as the PL. Changing the name didn't change anything of footballing value.
Technically the first division is now the championship, even has the same trophy so it has lost a bit of prestige

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
........and, TBH, anything that states that is bobbins. The first division has every bit as much prestige as the PL. Changing the name didn't change anything of footballing value.
Indeed - and I agree! But the “In Premier League History” bit is still factual.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Indeed - and I agree! But the “In Premier League History” bit is still factual.
It reminds me a bit of when I started watching football and all the records were stated as “post war”. I guess it’s just a way of comparing to “recent” events.

It would be interesting to see an all time table as well, though.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
For me Leeds / Big Sam was the cherry on the top this season. Pity about Massive but that's getting greedy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here