Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fat Sam sets a new record.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Not only Englands shortest reign as a manager, he now adds shortest ever permanent PL manager to that record.

Still he's got 400,000 reasons to prove that he's better than Pep, Klopp, Arteta etc...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A record breaking short managerial reign at Leeds? I’ll wait for the film.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not only Englands shortest reign as a manager, he now adds shortest ever permanent PL manager to that record.

Still he's got 400,000 reasons to prove that he's better than Pep, Klopp, Arteta etc...

I don’t think he was ever permanent.

That said, the fact that this season’s “mighty” Leeds have TWO entrants on that list is brilliant:lolol:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I don’t think he was ever permanent.

That said, the fact that this season’s “mighty” Leeds have TWO entrants on that list is brilliant:lolol:

Per Sky apparently he was. Haven't read the contract myself tho :wink:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Always felt a bit sorry for him with the England business, he got stitched up by an agent desperately trying to save his own skin financially.

I wonder if we’d have had a different set of results than Southgate with the same players?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Can never regurgitate this enough

:lolol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
That list is complete bollocks

Brian Clough only lasted 44 days at Leeds.

When did football start?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If I'd had the time and the money back in the day to just take myself off and watch a football match involving a team I didn't support, it would have been Allardyce's Bolton Wanderers, with Okocha, Djorkieff (sp) et al. At that time Big Sam was as far ahead of the game, especially in the behind the scenes parts, as Pep and RDZ are now.
I don't understand all the hatred and derision for Allardyce. Bloody good manager - failure to keep woeful Leeds up in four matches is hardly a serious blemish on hs career. Dynosaur - if you insist - but a bloody clever one!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If I'd had the time and the money back in the day to just take myself off and watch a football match involving a team I didn't support, it would have been Allardyce's Bolton Wanderers, with Okocha, Djorkieff (sp) et al. At that time Big Sam was as far ahead of the game, especially in the behind the scenes parts, as Pep and RDZ are now.
I don't understand all the hatred and derision for Allardyce. Bloody good manager - failure to keep woeful Leeds up in four matches is hardly a serious blemish on hs career. Dynosaur - if you insist - but a bloody clever one!
Yeah, but we're in 2023 not bloody 1993.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Surely we could make an argument that his tenure was less than 30 days as Leeds ceased to be a Premier League club when they were relegated on May 28th. Let’s just call it 25 days.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
He is also corrupt!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Is he?

In his recent rant where he declared himself up there with Pep and Kloop. He went onto describe DeZerbiball in detail without actually naming our manager or club. He then ripped it apart stating you lose loads of goals passing from the back and most fans want to see a long ball, flick-on and goal.

He is a one trick pony but a very old lame one that needs taking into the lower field with a shovel and a shotgun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here