Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fat Pat

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TBF palace have played, man united x 2, Chelsea away, Newcastle, Spurs and Brighton not an easy ask, to get 3 points is probably not a bad return….although they were utter gash today.
Not the best of defences when you still have another 6 consecutive matches against teams above palace.

palace will be fine, they're basically copying our template.
Get enough points to never really be in trouble but not enough points to be relaxed about it.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
On the stream I watched I thought they looked like a team of Vieira's but without any of the talent, i.e a bunch of units who ran around but couldn't string more than a couple of passes together. The only time they looked remotely competitive in the game was the opening 10 minutes when their hard charging made the game a bit kick and rush and chaotic. Once it settled down into a football game it was almost embarrassing how bad they were.

If that's how they play regularly then unless he&s working on a shoestring budget his job will surely be up for review come the end of the season.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Yesterday was tough but kind of what I was expecting although would have liked a bit more commitment from some of our players. Thought Hughes was outstanding until he went off. Was impressed with BHA apart from the finishing. We had one shot on target which was the goal
Couple of thoughts, horror tackle by Mac Allister early on which only got a yellow and
Why did you let it bounce :geek:
We genuinely got away with one

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Yesterday was tough but kind of what I was expecting although would have liked a bit more commitment from some of our players. Thought Hughes was outstanding until he went off. Was impressed with BHA apart from the finishing. We had one shot on target which was the goal
Couple of thoughts, horror tackle by Mac Allister early on which only got a yellow and
On the Mac tackle, I was worried when they slowed it down. It looked nasty then. Don’t think there was any intent there though. It’s such a lottery with those tackles though, as Fabinho on Ferguson showed.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
MacAllister's tackle was no worse than Doucoure's on Estupinan, which also got a yellow.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
On the Mac tackle, I was worried when they slowed it down. It looked nasty then. Don’t think there was any intent there though. It’s such a lottery with those tackles though, as Fabinho on Ferguson showed.
Looks much worse in slow mo/freeze frame than it does in real time.

Got a yellow, which it deserved.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
To be fair to the poor guy he has a bang average squad and did very well to fluke a point against a top 6 team. We used to be pleased to get anything from Arsenal or Man City in the old days.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
On the stream I watched I thought they looked like a team of Vieira's but without any of the talent, i.e a bunch of units who ran around but couldn't string more than a couple of passes together. The only time they looked remotely competitive in the game was the opening 10 minutes when their hard charging made the game a bit kick and rush and chaotic. Once it settled down into a football game it was almost embarrassing how bad they were.

If that's how they play regularly then unless he&s working on a shoestring budget his job will surely be up for review come the end of the season.
TBF palace have played, man united x 2, Chelsea away, Newcastle, Spurs and Brighton not an easy ask, to get 3 points is probably not a bad return….although they were utter gash today.
Just looked at their ne
I have just looked at your next 6 games and I am not sure where you will pick up your next points, which would put you right in the relegation mix for the run in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here