[Football] Fat Frank's Chelsea

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Chelsea have put the process of candidate selection into the hands of the two sporting directors in Laurence Stewart and Paul Winstanley surely this is a recipe for disaster as they appear to have exactly the same role and level of authority won’t they want different things if they totally agree why employ both, I suspect it to become a battleground between the two of them for the attention of the Board an example of divide and rule by your man Todd the Americans really should not get involved with European football, still should be fun to watch

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Slightly concerned but not sure why. Possibly because someone once said “Give me lucky generals” and they don’t come much luckier than Frankie boy. How the f*** is he back in work at a top Premier League side. Only at Chelsea obviously! He must feel like he has won the Lottery.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
When they sacked Potter I was a bit worried they would get in a decent manager on go on a run with that massively underachieving squad but Todd has pulled it out the bag and hired a complete clown. All this time we thought Todd was trying to recreate brightons setup but all along he was replicating Everton’s model of spending hundreds of millions on garbage and hiring useless managers.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So are we gonna still beat them...?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
while he sank the place out at Everton, his record at Chelsea wasn't that bad. not good enough for Europe but most clubs would have been happy - better than Potter was here.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So what happens with Hamburg, Bruno etc etc now? Be interesting to find out. Sure Roberts will probably stay on a while.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
The ridiculous ' crowd ' pleaser appt for fat Frank tells you that none of the alleged leading candidates want the job till the summer and/or they want to see what other jobs pop up.

With Lampard in now do we know what's happening to Bruno, Roberts and Hamberg? As much as I want them to be miserably dismissed I also want someone to boo at the bridge on 15th! :)
Cucu will probably be warming up on the sidelines at the very least. So one target for booing there.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So Potter has gone from being seen as a better option than Tuchel, to a worse option than Lampard.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Unfortunately the crowd will be really up for this first home game with their favorite ex. . and we know that can have an effect.
Sandwiched between their only relevant games left they won't be up for it.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
From the BBC
Chelsea
have contacted former manager and current Roma boss Jose Mourinho about returning for a third spell in charge at Stamford Bridge.

How far do you think they will go back?

Ted Drake anyone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports