Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fat Frank's Chelsea

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
To quote Simon Jordan we don’t have a dog in this fight, but as an outsider looking in its a total shit show.

With their squad there’s nothing to say they couldn’t have edged past Madrid over 180 minutes, but bringing Lampard back, it’s almost an insult to every who pays money to watch the team?
I keep reading about them having a decent squad but I just don’t see it. Not only have they got an appalling manager (he’s a manager in name only) but I actually don’t think their squad is all that either. I think mid table is probably about right.

Their best player is 38 year old Thiago Silva but after that, there’s very little real quality.

Sterling was their big summer signing and he is a shadow of the player he used to be, awful yesterday. Fernandez their big winter signing is decent but as we saw yesterday, he’s miles behind Caicedo and the other top central midfielders in the world. Of their other big name January additions, Mudryk is promising but that’s it at the moment. Joao Felix is lovely to watch technically but offers no final product - Atletico Madrid have improved massively since he left.

Mount has regressed hugely as has Pulisic after his serious injury and the Chelsea Havertz is a completely different and worse version than the Leverkusen Havertz. I could go on, they’ve got a lot of players at Cobham but they’re really not all that and it’s hilariously funny after all of the money they spent.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I’ve read that claim now! It’s going straight in as no1 wind up of Chelsea fans I know for at least the next week. Thanks!
I was beginning to wonder if I'd made that up in some bizarre dream or fell for a thinly-veiled prank, but here you go!:

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
It seems obvious, but it's worth spelling out: What Brighton's and Chelsea's seasons tell us is that players perform best when they have a clear idea of how and where the manager wants them to play, and how that fits into the overall team system. To do that, first you need to have a system and style that exists at the club independently of who the manager is. We've got that, and that's why we were able to seamlessly continue even after losing Potter. Despite Lampard's bluster about "the Chelsea way", they don't really have that; the nearest thing they had to that is Mourinho's style of play. That's why Chelsea and their expensively assembled squad of superstars are struggling so badly. And that's why our ex-players who've gone to clubs with a strongly defined style and system have done better than those who've gone to clubs who don't have that.

The tendency for owners and fans when a manager is sacked for poor results is want a replacement who is basically the opposite of the last guy. What they should really be looking for is someone who believes in the same system as the last guy but is better at it. Like we did with De Zerbi.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I was beginning to wonder if I'd made that up in some bizarre dream or fell for a thinly-veiled prank, but here you go!:

What a shitshow, you couldnt make it up..... appointing a totally failed manager on the advice of a talkshow host. As a player Potter isnt fit to lace Lampards boots but as a manager its 100% the reverse.

Potter was successful until he turned up at that toxic wasteland, Fat Frank has been a clueless failure, who looks totally out of his depth at was rubbish at Chelsea 1 and Everton.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019

That has to be bollocks Shirley? It would be like Tony Bloom taking advice from Fatboy Slim as to who should be the next manager. To be fair though, I think he would have alot better idea than that knob end Corden

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Brilliant! I’d thought I’d willingly fallen for a whoosh. Oh so much sweeter that I didn’t. Oh so f*cking sweet!

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
That has to be bollocks Shirley? It would be like Tony Bloom taking advice from Fatboy Slim as to who should be the next manager. To be fair though, I think he would have alot better idea than that knob end Corden
No actually it worse than that, as Corden is a West Ham fan, it would be like Steve Parish asking Fatboy Slim who he should appoint as the next Palace manager

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
No actually it worse than that, as Corden is a West Ham fan, it would be like Steve Parish asking Fatboy Slim who he should appoint as the next Palace manager
Oh, didn't realise he was a West Ham fan. Well in that case I hope it is true and that he did it for a laugh. I will then retract my 'knob end' comment.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Corden, Lampard and Boehly, that's a lot of pies.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It seems obvious, but it's worth spelling out: What Brighton's and Chelsea's seasons tell us is that players perform best when they have a clear idea of how and where the manager wants them to play, and how that fits into the overall team system. To do that, first you need to have a system and style that exists at the club independently of who the manager is. We've got that, and that's why we were able to seamlessly continue even after losing Potter. Despite Lampard's bluster about "the Chelsea way", they don't really have that; the nearest thing they had to that is Mourinho's style of play. That's why Chelsea and their expensively assembled squad of superstars are struggling so badly. And that's why our ex-players who've gone to clubs with a strongly defined style and system have done better than those who've gone to clubs who don't have that.

The tendency for owners and fans when a manager is sacked for poor results is want a replacement who is basically the opposite of the last guy. What they should really be looking for is someone who believes in the same system as the last guy but is better at it. Like we did with De Zerbi.
Spot on JJ.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wasn’t Norman a Palace fan in his youth given he grew up around there ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
This came up on my Youtube recommended last night

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Saw that he said this video went viral. Looking at his other videos, looks like there was a slight jump in his average views from other videos. Almost like a lot of people don't like Corden.

youtube.PNG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here