Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fat footballers

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Neil Ruddock was a big fella most of his career, but by the time he got to Swindon, he was absolutely huge. Then I saw him doing the Cup draw the other week, and he's still getting bigger.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
RR.jpg

Jul 7, 2003
Can't believe this has got to page two without a mention of the great Warren Aspinall. It has to be said, he wasn't at his slimmest when he finished with us.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Lee Trundle of Swansea.

Wasn't he going out with Liz McClarnon from Atomic Kitten? Fit, brilliant cook, can sing. Purrrfect. :love:

Jimmy Grimble

The fatest to have graced Withdean, is without shadow of a doubt, Adebayo Akinfenwa.

Not at Withdean, but am I right in thinking that Micky Quinn got a first half hat trick against us at the Goldstone, which soon silenced the "who ate all the pies" chants. Anyone remember this or am I deluded, can't find a stats page for him online.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not at Withdean, but am I right in thinking that Micky Quinn got a first half hat trick against us at the Goldstone, which soon silenced the "who ate all the pies" chants. Anyone remember this or am I deluded, can't find a stats page for him online.

I remember him getting a hat-trick but don't remember them being all in the first half. He was a real fattie though

Who is the fattest player to have played at Withdean.

Hartlepool's number 3, Ritchie Humphreys has to be a strong contender for the title. A right fat lump.

RitchieHumphreys_1077364.jpg

Their number 5 was a bit of a porker too.

Scott McGleish must be added to the list of fatties too.

Wonderful pic - relax girls, he's already taken!

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Thought it funny on Saturday when some wag from C block shouted out when their fatty no 3 stood 10 yards away from one of our free kicks said ' No 3 are you trying to be a two man wall'

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Jan Molby captained the famous Fat Scousers team. OK he might have been born Danish but he was every expanding inch a scouser.
Ruddock, whose huge gut at Swindon was a thing of beauty, was ineligible for the team despite playing for the Reds.

Maradona is surely worth a mention.
Palarse had a fat drunk called Phil Holder in the 70s who prepared the Thursday before a 6th Round FA Cup game by getting legless with his team mates at Sherry's in Brighton.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
akinfenwa is something else

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Any one remember the pub goalkeeper who stood in for one game at Doncaster against us in the first season at Gillingham? He was fat, short, and useless, prompting people to joke about him coming from the local pub team. Strangely this turned out to be the case.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Any one remember the pub goalkeeper who stood in for one game at Doncaster against us in the first season at Gillingham? He was fat, short, and useless, prompting people to joke about him coming from the local pub team. Strangely this turned out to be the case.

Wasn't he the crooked chairman's (Donny's not ours) next door neighbour and he played in that one game only?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here