Fat Boy Slim ---gig

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hi, had further correspondence with the club on this, here is Richard Hebberd's reply. Looks like there will be plenty of buses, instead of trains after the gig.

"Sally has forwarded your email to me.

The situation with the trains is that Southern and British Transport Police have decided that the station should be closed after the concert on safety grounds. On a match day we have nearly 40 extra carriages and two extra trains operating from Falmer Station. On the nights of the concert, Southern are unable logistically to provide these extra carriages because of commitments to the Derby and various Jubilee events. Without the extra carriages they would be unable to clear all those wishing to travel by train. This would leave a number of people still waiting at 12.30am without a train.

We are providing an extra 38 buses (including bendies) to take people back in Brighton after the concert. This has been discussed at length with the transport agencies, safety advisory group and promoters. We are leaving the stadium open after the concert finishes to allow people to wait for the first rush to clear. Brighton and Hove Buses estimate that they will be able to move all those wanting to get back to Brighton within the hour. We will also be running buses to Lewes.

Best Wishes

Richard"

Richard Hebberd

This still does not make total sense. Surely the existing scheduled trains are better than nothing?

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Spot on, even if you had to pay another couple of pound on your ticket this would make sense. This is a complete shambles and if they want to stage concerts again they will have to do this in the future, the frustrating thing is with the football they have now got the trains spot on and if the queues were managed like they are normally there would be no problems.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
See previous post, it is not possible to cater for the demand

Obviously. I was not expecting one huge long f***ing quadruple decker train to turn up and ferry 20 thousand people to Brighton. But the existing scheduled trains are better than nothing.

The promoters of the gig are the ones to bear responsibility not the railways or BTP.

Typical f***ing railway buck passing response. You are part of the problem. Why are the promoters responsible for running trains Southern schedule in their time table?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How are you going to load a 3 coach train ?

I'm no expert but possibly exactly the same way we do it for the football.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I'm no expert but possibly exactly the same way we do it for the football.

So who is going to pay for all the extra staff and trains ? The timetable is not scheduled to pick up an extra 30k idiots gurning their heads off at 2230.

If the promoters were willing to stump up the costs then it would be done so that is who bears the responsibility not Southern so accept that and move on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So who is going to pay for all the extra staff and trains ?

I have said nothing about extra trains. I simple want Southern allow people onto the trains they are scheduled to run and are all ready running.

The timetable is not scheduled to pick up an extra 30k idiots gurning their heads off at 2230.

No one said it is. Just pick up however many the timetable IS scheduled to pick up, you know, like you normally do for football.

If the promoters were willing to stump up the costs then it would be done so that is who bears the responsibility not Southern so accept that and move on.

Which part of 'just run the trains you are scheduled to run' do you not understand? No one else needs to pay for these. Just do the job you are supposed to do.

You are defending the indefensible.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I have said nothing about extra trains. I simple want Southern allow people onto the trains they are scheduled to run and are all ready running.

No one said it is. Just pick up however many the timetable IS scheduled to pick up, you know, like you normally do for football.

Which part of 'just run the trains you are scheduled to run' do you not understand? No one else needs to pay for these. Just do the job you are supposed to do.

You are defending the indefensible.

You're getting boring now, the timetable is built to pick up around 30 people or so that time of the night not the 30k expected so it is impossible to run the scheduled timetable and to avoid any problems the decision is made.

Nothing to do with me , I just like the hysterical overreaction by you to something you know nothing about. Read the Southern website and maybe you will understand.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I wouldn't soley blame Southern (although, clearly, they're a bunch of cretins) - for special events, it's up to the promoters to work with local transport providers.

I notice fatboyslim is being followed by SouthernRailUK on Twitter, btw. Funny.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wouldn't soley blame Southern (although, clearly, they're a bunch of cretins) - for special events, it's up to the promoters to work with local transport providers.

I notice [MENTION=14283]fatboyslim[/MENTION] is being followed by [MENTION=16021]South[/MENTION]ernRailUK, btw. Funny.

I understand this. And I am aware the promoters have held meetings with Southern. And my issue is not with them not putting on any extra trains or carriages. My issue is that they will not even bother to run the service they are scheduled and supposed to run. At the first hurdle they appear to have run to the hills. Southern and the BTP took a decision to totally close the station. They are soley, well jointly, responsible for this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You're getting boring now, the timetable is built to pick up around 30 people or so that time of the night not the 30k expected so it is impossible to run the scheduled timetable and to avoid any problems the decision is made.

Nothing to do with me , I just like the hysterical overreaction by you to something you know nothing about. Read the Southern website and maybe you will understand.

I'm boring? Have you ever read one of your hilarious 'Cliftonvill' threads.

And you do not need to know much to know that most of the rail companies are totally f***ing useless. Anyway, shouldn't you be clipping tickets?

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Is anyone going to upgrade? I probably would if it was half the amount but as it is ...No too steep

The promoters have also given us information on VIP ticket upgrades. There are 2 options available (details below) if you would like to upgrade your ticket to one of these VIP packages please call the Albion Ticket office on 0844 327 1901

Sunset Package in Profile Lounge
£75 per head (upgrade price from a standard ticket)
or £110 per head for full package

1901 Club middle tier seating
Extensive hot and cold buffet
Complimentary bar
to include house wine, draught beer and soft drink (served from 5pm - 9pm)
Rockafeller Package in Bupa Lounge
£50 per head (upgrade price from a standard ticket)
or £85 per head for full package

1901 Club seating
Complimentary bar
Retail food available in lounge, purchased on a cash basis
These VIP upgrades are ONLY available through Albion Box Office (0844 327 1901) and Seagulls Stores please don't contact Ticketline for VIP upgrades.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Is anyone going to upgrade? I probably would if it was half the amount but as it is ...No too steep

The promoters have also given us information on VIP ticket upgrades. There are 2 options available (details below) if you would like to upgrade your ticket to one of these VIP packages please call the Albion Ticket office on 0844 327 1901

Sunset Package in Profile Lounge
£75 per head (upgrade price from a standard ticket)
or £110 per head for full package

1901 Club middle tier seating
Extensive hot and cold buffet
Complimentary bar
Rockafeller Package in Bupa Lounge
£50 per head (upgrade price from a standard ticket)
or £85 per head for full package

1901 Club seating
Complimentary bar
Retail food available in lounge, purchased on a cash basis
These VIP upgrades are ONLY available through Albion Box Office (0844 327 1901) and Seagulls Stores please don't contact Ticketline for VIP upgrades.

Who said rave culture was dead, eh?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Tensnake @ Audio for anyone looking for afters....

uk-0601-368441-front.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports