Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fat Boy Slim - Day 1 - Was it any good then ?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What was the strictness like on bringing alcohol into the stadium?

or any drink for that matter
No chance taking any food or drink in. The girl in front of me had an apple and a kiwi fruit confiscated.

They really do need some drinking fountains on the concourses. Ridiculous you have to queue for an hour if you need some water.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Coldplay are the greatest live act in the World now imo no matter some of the Horseshit posted on here about them.

I envy you.

Agreed, I saw em in December at O2, by the far the best gig I've ever been to...

this is from last night -
600213_10151800677580253_15253175252_24501724_1787171207_n.jpg

Lush

Mods' Pet
I find the fact that Coldplay are so popular quite depressing. But watching Punk Britannia and TOTP 1976 last night reminded me just how popular escapist light-entertainment, childish tunes and nonsensical lyrics, combined with an over-inflated ego can be.

They are the Disco Duck of 2012.

DavidWatts

Nov 12, 2011
Mid Sussex
Sod Coldplay at the f'ing Emirates. The question was about Fatboy, and, yes, we had a brilliant time. FBS set was banging, and the video screens/lightshow awesome. The only gripe is the familiar long queues for beer, and they really need to work on upgrading the service.
The Amex should definately attract some bigger acts that are too big for the Centre & don't fancy Hove Cricket ground.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The fact that this thread is about fbs and 80% of the posts have been about Coldplay, tells you all you need to know I think...Someone said earlier fbs was amazing, just how amazing can a guy spinning records and waving his arms around be?

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I would have gone to the FBS gig last night, but i'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, Coldplay were in concert at the Emirates and i was at that, and they were superb.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The fact that this thread is about fbs and 80% of the posts have been about Coldplay, tells you all you need to know I think...Someone said earlier fbs was amazing, just how amazing can a guy spinning records and waving his arms around be?

I don't think dance music is your thing and that's okay.

cookie63

Feb 25, 2012
So infact you cannot say he is a cock as you have never him yourself but believe an alleged 4th hand persons opinion about him and for that you can categorically say he is a cock. Oh, ok then.

I think he's a cock too....

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Was great last night, the amex was rocking, the lighting looked good bouncing off the west stand, got there at 5 had a few drinks then went onto the dance floor, Carl Cox was pretty good as well, only down side it took ages to get a drink in(worse than at halftime on matchdays). My friends were impressed by the amex as well.

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
I too was at Coldplay! Never met Chris Martin so cannot comment on him as a person, he has stopped telling us to save the world between each song whcih has vastly improved their shows imo. Have met Norm, who is a legend and quite rightly gets the first gigs at our lovely home. His music is not my cup of tea though, would have gone if the line up was a bit more diverse, a line up of brighton based bands wouldve been good with fatboy headlining, but he has earned the right to do whatever he wants. All my mates that went say it was awesome, to answer the thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here