Fat boy slim announcement (plays The Amex 1-2/06/12)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Did anyone hear the rest of the line-up when he was on the pitch?

I heard him say Carl Cox on Friday and Nero on Saturday. I'm sure he said others but I couldn't hear very well.

Think I'll go to this, if only to see how some of our STH/1901 club react to Carl Cox banging out techno and Nero banging out dubstep :lolol:

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
who really wants to see this dated, buffoon set up stall and spin a few zombie records... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... whats up fat boy? running outta money are we? click yer fingers and presto, get a few divs to pay silly money for a hyped up disco. Shame on you

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
who really wants to see this dated, buffoon set up stall and spin a few zombie records... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... whats up fat boy? running outta money are we? click yer fingers and presto, get a few divs to pay silly money for a hyped up disco. Shame on you

Fatboy does not need the money, he could turn up anywhere and sell out a venue. He has a massive fan base, from a Brighton perspective it might seem a bit old hat but people in other parts of England and Europe still have a massive appetite for him. He headlined Space's (arguably one of best known/famed clubs in the world) closing party in Ibiza this year for instance.

It might not be your cup of tea but he can still draw a crowd and he's still relevant.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fatboy does not need the money, he could turn up anywhere and sell out a venue. He has a massive fan base, from a Brighton perspective it might seem a bit old hat but people in other parts of England and Europe still have a massive appetite for him. He headlined Space's (arguably one of best known/famed clubs in the world) closing party in Ibiza this year for instance.

It might not be your cup of tea but he can still draw a crowd and he's still relevant.

His Glastonbury sets are quite legendary. He doesn't pretend to be anything else other than a party starter. And he can certainly get a party going. Even amongst some too-cool-for-school dance heads there is a reluctant admission that he is a top turn and above all fun.

You are allowed to let yourself go from time to time. You don't have to be serious, precious and chin stroking about dance music every living minute. If you are struggling with this, just say you're being ironic.

Sep 1, 2011
Did anyone hear the rest of the line-up when he was on the pitch?

I heard him say Carl Cox on Friday and Nero on Saturday. I'm sure he said others but I couldn't hear very well.

Think I'll go to this, if only to see how some of our STH/1901 club react to Carl Cox banging out techno and Nero banging out dubstep :lolol:

Ill be there, Nero are unbelievable live, seen them twice. Epic

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I am tempted seen his glasto sets a few times and other festival appearances and always great. Last time I paid to see him was at the old Concorde and I think it cost about £6 or something like that with the Lo fidelity allstars playing before him who were brilliant.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Having the same problem WTF!

Had to phone up in the end and went through without a problem, no explanation as to why the website wouldn't work though

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I just got my 2 tickets for the friday, and my other season ticket mates are buying theirs today.

I'm since a (relative) young 'un at 32, but I spent a lot of my Friday nights at the escape, zap, concord and concord2 back in the day, im not a dance/trance nut anymore but every time I've seen Norm dj he's been epic, the 5th birthday of the big beat boutique at the concord2 with fatboy, Carl cox and Jon Carter was legendary and will be a great memory forever more,

I'd rather go the pub that clubbing nowadays but I'm looking forward to re-living the old days.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
I just got my 2 tickets for the friday, and my other season ticket mates are buying theirs today.

I'm since a (relative) young 'un at 32, but I spent a lot of my Friday nights at the escape, zap, concord and concord2 back in the day, im not a dance/trance nut anymore but every time I've seen Norm dj he's been epic, the 5th birthday of the big beat boutique at the concord2 with fatboy, Carl cox and Jon Carter was legendary and will be a great memory forever more,

I'd rather go the pub that clubbing nowadays but I'm looking forward to re-living the old days.

Lets hope that do a spectacular stage show it should be epic!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Three sorted for the Saturday. Lovely Jubbly.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
MUGS the lot of yer that have brought tickets... just get yerselfs down to the local pub disco..

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
This is shit wtf does - A pre-requisite product must be purchased prior to being used to make a second purchase. Membership purchases may require approval before they may be used as a pre-requisite. You must have previously purchased the product '1901 Club'. You will need to reallocate these items to another customer and update your basket! mean I'm trying to buy a single ticket!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports