Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fat boy Evans gone

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Leeds managers.jpg

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Leeds United have sacked head coach Steve Evans after seven months in charge of the Championship club.

The 53-year-old said on Saturday he was keen to remain in the role after Leeds had made a formal approach for Bristol Rovers manager Darrell Clarke.

Evans was appointed following Uwe Rosler's sacking last October and led the club to 13th in the Championship.

"The club is now looking to appoint a new head coach to build on the good work of Steve and Paul [Raynor, assistant head coach] and deliver the special season which our supporters deserve."

Leeds :lolol:

He is gutted. And I guess upset to be sacked too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apparently Cellino is in court in Italy for embezzlement today, so I wonder who's doing his 'dirty work' for him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Can't understand why Monk would even consider the Leeds job. There must be better options available for him or the chance to wait until September/October when Premier League/Championship clubs who have had a bad start begin to sack their managers.

I always find Garry Monk comes across as quite arrogant - I also don't see clubs queuing up to employ him based on his Management record. Sacked within 2 years of his first management job and as soon as he wasn't working with someone else's team he struggled. I don't think his record is conclusive enough to warrant clubs taking a chance on him.

He also doesn't have any major contacts in the game in relation to scouting networks. On top of that I am not sure that he is a players favourite personality wise.

I think Leeds is a good job for him because you can go there and get sacked and no one will think it was your fault since Cellino sacks everyone regardless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here