Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fat Americans

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Check out the program currently on c4 on obese people from America's fattest city - Houston.

Disgustingly disturbing to say the least !

If you thought you might be fat watch this.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
C4 out of date already.

Detroit has recently been crowned as America's fattest city. Houston is down to #2.

Top 25 Fattest Cities (in order):

Detroit
Houston
Dallas
San Antonio
Chicago
Fort Worth
Philadelphia
Arlington, Texas
Cleveland, Ohio
Columbus, Ohio
Atlanta
Mesa, Ariz.
Oklahoma City
Kansas City
Miami
Las Vegas
Indianapolis
Phoenix
Tulsa, Okl.
Memphis, Tenn.
New York
New Orleans
Baltimore
El Paso, Texas
Washington, D.C.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I would hazard a guess at Glasgow or Cardiff !!

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
halifats or maybe even obese-city, or perhaps fatford on avon, ok ill get my coat :glare: :glare: :glare:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's not hard to see why people there are so fat. Where Mrs BHA (and me sometimes) live in pretty much Nowheresville where the entertainment is somewhat lacking.

You get establishments such as 'All you can eat' buffets where it's $7 a head (that's less than £3 right now) and thus people do pig out. It's virtually as cheap to go out for breakfast as it is to make it yourself and providing you're not in a tourist area, as we aren't, then the portions are very large on a bad day. It's a fact that there's a far wider variety of food on offer and it's also far tastier, even MacDonalds.

Factor in that nobody walks anywhere few streets have sidewalks (or pavements to you) then sure, you get very fat people. You can also add in that as they have no NHS fat people represent repeat business to US doctors. What's more you'll never see a heart or anti smoking advert on TV.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well .... Mrs BHA has two ex husbands. The first is, would you believe, a paramedic and he's four inches shorter than me (I am no giant) yet he weighs as much as I do and with him it's ALL fat. However, husband number two is 6'4" tall, but .... He weighs over 40 stone !!!! Yes, that's right, forty stone !

He has a heart condition and yet cannot take any exercise as he's too unfit. I have to say that I was astonished when I saw him.

Those who know me will tell you that I am not thin, technically I am obese if you go by my weight (around 15 stone) but in the US I am considered slim.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I notice that 5 out of the top 10 fattest American cities are in Texas.

Nice to see your home state leading the world in absolute lardiness and greed, Mr Bush.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
edna krabappel said:
I notice that 5 out of the top 10 fattest American cities are in Texas.

Nice to see your home state leading the world in absolute lardiness and greed, Mr Bush.

Look on the bright side Edna, it just means they'll die sooner. Believe me, nobody outside of the state likes Texans.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They'll probably just all shoot each other long before their arteries get the chance to fur up completely!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
hiney said:
There was one woman on the programme last night who gives her son a lift to the bus stop that is 50 FEET away from their front door!

Absolutely f***ing hideous

That to me was also the final straw of total bone idleness coupled with the bloke who would not even walk to his mail point at the end of his drive.

Unless there is some form of a re-education program I see no hope.

What about the kid too heavy to play American Football - that kid was around one stobne lighter than me.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
bhaexpress said:
It's not hard to see why people there are so fat. Where Mrs BHA (and me sometimes) live in pretty much Nowheresville where the entertainment is somewhat lacking.

You get establishments such as 'All you can eat' buffets where it's $7 a head (that's less than £3 right now) and thus people do pig out. It's virtually as cheap to go out for breakfast as it is to make it yourself and providing you're not in a tourist area, as we aren't, then the portions are very large on a bad day. It's a fact that there's a far wider variety of food on offer and it's also far tastier, even MacDonalds.

Factor in that nobody walks anywhere few streets have sidewalks (or pavements to you) then sure, you get very fat people. You can also add in that as they have no NHS fat people represent repeat business to US doctors. What's more you'll never see a heart or anti smoking advert on TV.

Eatting out is a much cheaper option here than in Britain for certain. I've been here over six years and have gained roughly 40 lbs. It's not something I'm proud of, luckly I was a little underweight to start with!! My new years resolution is to try and drop at least 10 lbs.
The touble is that the worst food is also the cheapest (e.g. McDonalds, BurgerKing and my favorite - Wendy's) and as a result the most obese people are usually among the poorest. A balanced diet and gym memberships are a luxury that the poorest people can't afford.
BTW, I've seen anti-smoking ads on TV here, but I don't remember seeing any heart ads. You could easily miss the anti-smoking ads though since they really don't have the same impact as the ads you'd see on British TV (same goes for anti-drink driving ads).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have to admot I have developed a terrible weakness for IHoP omlettes. I put on over a stone in two months so if and when I get there next I will be a damn sight more careful about what I eat.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I blame Krispy Kreme donuts

Homer%20donuts.jpg

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I saw that programme and it was shocking especially the guy who eats out every night and goes to eat what you want restaurants. I felt sick when he ate that 32" steak cos if he did it was free!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here