Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fastest debut goal- ever?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The fastest ever on debut was Danny Bulman for Wycombe.Not sure how many seconds, but he'd just come on as a sub and it was from a corner - so it almost certainly beats Molango.

But it must be some sort of record given his was straight from kick-off at the very start of the match.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
quickest goal in the new roller cola league thingymabob at least :clap2:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Anyone know the OFFICAL time of the goal. The argus are saying 12secs, Sky 19 and have heard most other numbers in between. Sky seem to be good at these things for instance the put the time in mins and secs that the goals went in today in the Community Shield game as they did for all the games i saw last year, so i tend to belive them.

But who decides the offical time? I know it used to be the BBC, but that was in the time before Sky owned football.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
by the looks of the clock at reading i would of said 9/10 seconds

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Um ive just downloaded the goals and though there is not a clock on the screen counting it i made it 9 secs.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yes. withoutthe decimal places, it is defintely 12 seconds.

Incredibly lazy of Sky to say 19 without checking - you only have to time it from kick-off!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I think sky said 19 because that is the official time as per the press association. Although why they should have the last word when it seems clear it was much quicker than that is beyond me. They probably have better things to do like staking out sven's love nest.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
gazwag said:
Apparantly Peter Ward's debut goal was quicker per SCR yesterday, but they are usually WRONG :censored:

Rubbish.

Name me one time when SCR have got anything wrong?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here