Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fargo season 1 over.. how do you feel?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Can only be one season really, as both main characters are brown bread, surely.
Watched the final episode last night, I quite enjoyed the series.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Possibly, although I'm not sure myself, it could be that he lost his first wife/glove by his own actions, and then he gave up his second wife/glove to Malvo, so that Malvo could have (the blame for) the pair.

Thanks, that clears that up.
I'll tell the wife.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I really enjoyed it.

Like everybody's else I thoughtinishing BBT was brilliant.
I thought the whole cast was very good and well played.

A special mention for Hess' sons they made me properly laugh out loud.

Put me down for all of that. Loved it, surely saved me from deep withdrawl after completing "Breaking Bad".

Excellent series all round and it would be difficult to contemplate a different ending if based on fact - liked the actor crossover from the dodgy lawyer in Breaking Bad to the police chief in this.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Can only be one season really, as both main characters are brown bread, surely.
Watched the final episode last night, I quite enjoyed the series.

Malvo surely is with the angels, though you only see Lester's hat in the ice hole.. may have somehow swum to shore..?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Anyone else think one of the FBI agents looked like Bobby Zamora, or was that just me ?

No, he just looked like you.

Excellent series, but I didn't find Martin Freeman convincing - usually love him, but I struggled with his "American" accent. Minor quibble, tough.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Excellent series all round and it would be difficult to contemplate a different ending if based on fact - liked the actor crossover from the dodgy lawyer in Breaking Bad to the police chief in this.

It wasn't based on fact. The Coen brothers admitted that they lied in the movie credits when they said it was based on a true story.

And if Malvo was the Devil, what was the point of his riddle about the colour green, which suggests that he realises he is not only the predator but the victim (as it did indeed turn out)?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Not the devil just a screwed human being who liked to destroy other peoples lives in manipulating them in his spare time e.g Lester while he was carrying out his profession as a hitman. Coen's Barton Fink is the one to watch regarding devil analogies. Liked the reference to the wolf and the fact that the prey turned on the predators in the end and made it a story about morality. Lester's demise after his months of 'skating on thin ice' through his immoral actions was a nice ending as well

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
No, he just looked like you.

Excellent series, but I didn't find Martin Freeman convincing - usually love him, but I struggled with his "American" accent. Minor quibble, tough.

How many of us are familiar with a Minnesotan accent? The regional accent was played on quite a lot in the film.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How many of us are familiar with a Minnesotan accent? The regional accent was played on quite a lot in the film.
Freeman said a lot of the crew didn't realise he was English, thinking he was Minnesotan.
But I guess he would say that, wouldn't he.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here