Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farewll Kettering Town

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I don't recall anyone reaching out to save Aldershot, Maidstone, Third Lanark etc, when they went tits up. Spare me the hypocritical whinging. Nothing has changed, except perhaps the armchair sentimentality, which is clearly worse.
TBF Cardiff and Newcastle offered to help The Shots in 92 . More recently without a cash injection from Chelsea for their under 21's to use The Rec Aldershot would of folded.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Why is it everyone else's fault regarding Kettering's demise? Yes it's sad but I don't understand the need for Bale to donate 2 days wages to help save them. Who knows where that money would end up.

Hope they start again and rise again.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
TBH £58,000 is unlikely to be the full amount of debt just one that lead to a petition to wind up, and as this comes from another wound up football club Rubbish and Dustbins (sorry Rushden and Diamonds) who went bust 2 years ago where was the money to save them?

On the demise of the Diamonds came AFC Rushden and Diamonds and I suppose a AFC Kettering Town will be formed, shorn of all debt and playing at the old ground.

These days liquidation is not necessarily the end but the start of a new beginning.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Why is it everyone else's fault regarding Kettering's demise? Yes it's sad but I don't understand the need for Bale to donate 2 days wages to help save them. Who knows where that money would end up.

Hope they start again and rise again.

I don't think anyone is saying that is everyone elses fault or that they expect Bale to donate (actually about 1.35 days) his salary to save them - They're simply pointing out the disparity between the finances of a historic and successful non league club and the income of an individual player. The problem here is that the fault for this sort of event rarely lies with those who suffer most and who are the ONLY constant entity attached to a club, the fans. I can't imagine what it was like for Brighton fans when the Goldstone went (I was sad enough that the BBG was closing for the move to Pride Park) as it's part of people's lives to stroll down OSR on a Saturday avo to watch the footy and then it's gone, and that's what it will be like for Kettering fans. So I'm going to have a lot of sympathy for Kettering fans on the current state of their club, just like I did with Brighton in the 90s.

Although that Sports Direct is very handy :D

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
There is some seriously cringe worthy hand wringing going on here. Maybe the Gates Foundation could be persuaded to divert some of their funds towards saving Kettering ?

I am sure that there will be some more practical steps that individuals can take to help supporters to start afresh, if they so wish. It would certainly be more helpful than blaming Gareth Bale and the Premiership. Sadly poorly run football clubs were going to the wall long before Sky invented football.

There is some seriously cringe worthy hand wringing going on here. Maybe the Gates Foundation could be persuaded to divert some of their funds towards saving Kettering ?

I am sure that there will be some more practical steps that individuals can take to help supporters to start afresh, if they so wish. It would certainly be more helpful than blaming Gareth Bale and the Premiership. Sadly poorly run football clubs were going to the wall long before Sky invented football.

where does it say that?

EDIT: actually read the thread again, a couple have 'leaned' that way

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'm not (quite) that much in debt with my mortgage and student loan. Where's the petition for Gareth Bale to help me out! Less than 36 hours work and could change my life.

Sad day for their fans but if they were that bother THEY could club together and pay it....... too sentimental at times. If they were that fussed they'd do something about it. Strong survive and weak don't..... assume they didn't have their ground stolen from under them and drop down the divisions but then manage to club together and keep treading water then inch back in the right direction? No they let their club (be it owner, player, manager, chairmen, supporter with money or powerless to help FINANCIALY fan) without doing ENOUGH to save it, so right and proper it should fold and start again.

It looks like Kettering Town might be challenging the Winding Up Order.

http://www.ketteringtownfc.co.uk/story.php?story_id=1365

OFFICIAL STATEMENT
Posted: 02-Sep-2013 at 20:00

The Club learned today that Kettering Town F C Management Limited was wound up in the Royal Courts of Justice by virtue of the Winding Up Order brought about by Rushden and Diamonds 2008 Limited. The Club’s lawyers had requested another adjournment of this case today.

The facts of this matter as we see it are as follows:

In April, prior to the takeover, the club was issued with a statutory demand by Rushden and Diamonds 2008 Limited. An amount of £58,000 was demanded. The then club owner did not take legal action against the order.

Both prior to, and post takeover, the new owner was in contact with Rushden and Diamonds 2008 Limited .The club disputed the amount owed as it had been prohibited from accessing Nene Park from mid December 2012.

Despite this we had verbally agreed a settlement figure of £50,000 with Rushden and Diamonds 2008 Limited.

Legal paper work was drawn up and presented to Rushden and Diamonds 2008 Limited in July. From July 17th until 31st August, Rushden and Diamonds 2008 Limited’s lawyers failed to respond to our lawyers request for information.

On the 1st September 2013 (yesterday) Rushden and Diamonds 2008 Limited requested that Kettering Town FC agree to cover the business rates for the period after Rushden and Diamonds 2008 limited repossessed the stadium.

A total amount of £70,000 was demanded. Kettering Town FC refused this demand.

In the courts today the legality of what was, or was not due, was not debated.

Kettering Town F C Management Limited has sought details of the statutory demand on several occasions, as it is the basis of the winding up petition.Rushden and Diamonds 2008 Limited have never provided these details.

Kettering Town will look to challenge the order made by making an application for a Rescission Order in the next seven days which would overturn the winding up order.

The current management team would like to thank our fans for their support and assure them that everything possible has been done, and will be done, to ensure the survival of this historic club.

In the meantime, tomorrow’s game at Dunstable and Saturday’s home game against Aylesbury United have been sanctioned to go ahead by the Southern League, and the Team Management and players are preparing for these two games.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Given that, at the time of writing, Gareth Bale has earned £10,030 since lunchtime, football really is a crap business sometimes.

It is crap most the time. It is not competitive anymore and is full of the worst elements of greed.

And yet we sit back and let it happen. Getting hard ons for these "superstars" squealing at delight.

RIP Kettering. Hope you reform stronger.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sean Dyche, the Burnley manager, was born in Kettering. How the hell does he not dip his hand into his pocket to save the club of his hometown?

Probably because in a month or two they'll be back in debt, so a temporary reprieve at best. Hinckley and now Kettering. There was a time 25- odd years ago when they were the best non-league team in the country.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Lewes FC nearly disappeared off the face of the earth about 4 years ago for a similar amount. I believe that then manager Steve Ibbotson made a nuisance of himself round all the businesses and people with money in Lewes to hand over a £1000 each to save the club. He was obviously successful and out of this was born the now debt free community club.

I believe that Kettering is bigger than Lewes and probably has a larger fan base. Their best bet would be to approach their local community for support rather than wait for someone else to Bale them out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here