Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farewell Robbie Pethick

Oct 13, 2003
The back of beyond
ROBBIE Pethick has made his move to Weymouth permanent.

Robbie agreed the switch after being told he no longer figures in Seagulls boss Mark McGhee's plans.

Farewell and good luck. :wave:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Good luck Robbie, he did ok for us when he as called upon but we have plenty of promising youngsters coming through who can fill his boots.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i've slagged him off alot while he was at brighton but i wish him the best of luck at weymouth .:)

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
tinx said:
Good luck Robbie, he did ok for us when he as called upon but we have plenty of promising youngsters coming through who can fill his boots.

Are we that skint we can't get new boots?:ohmy:

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I'll NEVER forgive that penalty he missed at Stoke on the telly.

:angry:

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Nice on Robbie, can you also take your mate Kerry with you as well ??

No ?

Oh yeah, he wouldnt get a game for Ringmer:lolol:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
braders7 said:
i've slagged him off alot while he was at brighton but i wish him the best of luck at weymouth .:)

I used to get f**cked off with the Football Genius chant, I bet hes well rid of us !!!

Good luck to him I say !!

Good luck to him. Top bloke as well, met him at a party during the summer.

May not have always been the fans' favourite, but will always be remembered for his performance away at Chesterfield a couple of seasons ago. Came on after 20 minutes after Simon Morgan injured and played centre-half. Individual performance of the season without a doubt.

Good luck, Robbie. :clap:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
:(

:bowdown::bowdown:ROBBIE PETHICK FOOTBALL GENIUS:bowdown::bowdown:

I wish him luck, starting next season after Crawley Town have been promoted.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Safeway said:
will always be remembered for his performance away at Chesterfield a couple of seasons ago. Came on after 20 minutes after Simon Morgan injured and played centre-half. Individual performance of the season without a doubt.

That was the game the football genius started at.

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
1077105224-12.jpg

ROBBIE Pethick has made his move from Brighton and Hove Albion to Weymouth permanent.

The defender, who has spent a month on loan with the Terras, last night signed a deal that will keep him at the Wessex Stadium until May 2005.

Pethick agreed the switch after being told he no longer figures in Seagulls boss Mark McGhee's plans.

Terras chairman Ian Ridley said he was delighted to snap up Pethick, who enjoyed a successful stint with Weymouth in 1993 before embarking on his league career.

Ridley said: "Robbie has taken a considerable pay cut to join us permanently and we're delighted to have him on board.

"He still had three months of his contract left to run at Brighton and he could easily have just gone back there and collected his money without doing very much.

"But Robbie is a professional who has a hunger for the game and wants to be playing regularly.

"He enjoyed his time with us on loan and we're delighted he has agreed to make the switch permanent until the end of next season.

"Robbie is a player with a lot of league games under his belt and until recently was a regular in Brighton's Nationwide Second Division side.

"At our level of the game we think he is an outstanding asset who can play a big part in our promotion push this season.

"He knows the club having been with us before and that has clearly been a factor in us persuading him to join us.

"Robbie will probably be the first to admit he has had a couple of below par games in the last couple of weeks but that is the same for the rest of the players as well.

"But I'm sure that heavy Dr Martens Cup defeat at Eastleigh will act as a wake up call for the squad and the disappointing run will prove more of a blip than anything more serious."

Ridley hinted that player-boss Steve Claridge, absent last night on a scouting mission for a mystery defender, will soon complete more signings.

One of those could be former Millwall striker Brendan Markey, who netted twice in the Terras 9-0 hammering of Portland in the Two Counties Cup.

He said: "Steve knows the areas we need to strengthen and we, as a board, have told him we will back him all the way.

"That doesn't mean we will throw silly money around but we're confident we have the resources to attract new players.

"Steve has a shortlist of players he wants to bring in and I'm quietly confident we will see some movement in the near future."

Good luck Robbie...

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
One more shirt for the charity shop now Fatboy!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Lammy said:
One more shirt for the charity shop now Fatboy!

I'll get him to sign it and it will take pride of place next to Peter Ward's and Bobby Zamora's.

Will have to move Paul Brooker's onto the crap wall next to Darren Freeman!!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Good luck ... but another 3rd Div player who failed to keep us in Div1 ....
Butters, Pitcher, Piercy, Lee and Stuart Jones can all follow his good example ...
sorry folks but I still rate Mayo ... the one survivor from Edgar Street ....
or maybe that was the wrong memory to have of him!!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Good luck Robbie

I'm with you On the Left Wing. Kerry is still useful and will find form again (he was runner up to player of the year last season)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here