Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farage stays as UKIP leader after resignation rejected

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
One seat, they've only got one seat, they've only got one seat.......
Meanwhile the antis are getting in a froth about a party that can have no bearing on the next 5 years, a party whose members and supporters want their leader to stay, a party that by all accounts according to the antis, have failed in Thursdays election.
What are you worried about......He's bad, he's bad, he's really bad, And the whole world has to answer right now
Just to tell you once again,
Who's bad.. :lolol:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Fabulous news although was inevitable as UKIP is growing at a rate of knots....This country needs a leader who speaks their mind and has a backbone unlike the other puppets.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Does anyone actually cares about UKIP any more?

The referendum will happen in 2017 (and will be soundly beaten, hopefully) and UKIP will become even more of an irrelevance than they are now.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't think UKIP will disappear. As long as our EU membership is a bone of contention they'll be a party some look to. I could argue the rights and wrongs of that all day but I think it is and will remain the case.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The slippery eel remains, going back on the spirit of his pledge.

Expected nothing less of him, although being back in just 4 days is sneaky, even for him.

When will we be rid of this insufferable goon ? ???

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Good News, and a little reminder that UKIP is not just going to disappear.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Show a real lack of backbone. Also shows how integral he is to the party when it's followers somehow see this as a positive. This is exactly the sort of trick members of the 'establishment' pull - the very establishment Farage claims to be different from. As long as migrants are made scapegoats for this countries problems by the media people will follow Farage and UKIP no matter how hypocritical they become.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Does anyone actually cares about UKIP any more?

The referendum will happen in 2017 (and will be soundly beaten, hopefully) and UKIP will become even more of an irrelevance than they are now.

People live in cloud cuckoo land if they think there will be an in outcome in the EU referendum. 4 million UKIP votes plus the right wing conservatives electorate will have a very big say into that. You need someone in politics who is frank and to the point. I didn't like Dennis Skinner's views but I admired his passion and commitment. Nigel Farage is exactly that and I like many others are pleased that his resignation has been rejected.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Farage states.

"UKIP’s NEC overwhelmingly refused my resignation, citing the party membership support as a reason for which I should stay on. I was reluctant. I wanted evidence, I wanted options. And they all came. I was left in a situation that made it clear; there was only one person the NEC wanted for the job, and the party membership was in support.
So, I breathed deep, and thought for as long as I possibly had, given the meeting was ongoing, and still is, at my time of writing this. I decided that as much as I had earned my holidays. As much as I wanted to spend the summer fishing, walking, and of course, in the European Parliament where all hell is currently breaking loose – that I owed it to the party that got me here."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...-decided-I-had-to-stay-on-as-Ukip-leader.html

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
People live in cloud cuckoo land if they think there will be an in outcome in the EU referendum. 4 million UKIP votes plus the right wing conservatives electorate will have a very big say into that. You need someone in politics who is frank and to the point. I didn't like Dennis Skinner's views but I admired his passion and commitment. Nigel Farage is exactly that and I like many others are pleased that his resignation has been rejected.

Interestingly though I don't think Dennis Skinner has ever voted for any EU legislation in his political life as an MP.

Like Tony Benn and other traditional Labour advocates, they consider that Parliament should not be subordinate to a foreign institution, and not least a foreign institution that is not subject to a democratic mandate.

Skinner has more in common with Farage than many would think.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Show a real lack of backbone. Also shows how integral he is to the party when it's followers somehow see this as a positive. This is exactly the sort of trick members of the 'establishment' pull - the very establishment Farage claims to be different from. As long as migrants are made scapegoats for this countries problems by the media people will follow Farage and UKIP no matter how hypocritical they become.

Leaving aside Farage's non resignation, today the EU Commission (unelected by the UK electorate) have confirmed they will create and implement a law to ensure all the EU's member states take those migrants landing in Italy and Spain. This means the UK could take up to 100,000 migrants based on our current GDP and other economic date, and subject to how many more arrive.

This is not media scapegoating migrants, it is informing the viewers that regardless of who we vote into Parliament an unelected institution holds sway over the British electorate.

It is precisely this kind of issue that drives many voters to UKIP...........

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He is UKIP. They have tried to promote others within the party but fail miserably. His ego wouldn't allow anyone else to run the party.

Indeed, I'm quite sure that by the time the leadership election occurred he would have put his hat in the ring and did the classic " I had so many people ringing me up ( big UKIP donors ) saying I was the best person to lead the party that I reluctantly agreed to stand again ... )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here