Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farage angling for a spot in a right wing Tory government...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not sure that voting out is going to guarantee a right wing government led by Boris & Nigel, there are enough Labour supporters wanting Exit (which is why the Remain have ballsed it right up) that the end result maybe a Labour/SNP etc coalition.

The one thing that the Tories didn't want.

10 Labour MPs have said they are Leave, 218 have said Remain. Is 10 enough do you reckon?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In fact, as of yesterday our elected members were thus:

TORY REMAIN - 170, LEAVE - 131
LABOUR REMAIN - 218, LEAVE - 10
SNP REMAIN - 54, LEAVE - 0
LIBS REMAIN - 8, LEAVE - 0

TOTAL (including others, but does not include those undeclared)
REMAIN MPs - 462
LEAVE MPs - 150

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

REMAIN MPs - 462
LEAVE MPs - 150

So, of the people who will gain all this power when we leave, three quarters, across all parties, still think it's a bad idea ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

REMAIN MPs - 462
LEAVE MPs - 150

And this is the parliament that will be deciding our post-EU future. Given the dominance of the Remain camp, I fully expect to see us signed up to the EEA, with all that entails - contributions to EU budget and free migration. I'd also expect us to enshrine various aspects of EU law into English law as well.

There's not going to be much visible difference for quite some time

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And this is the parliament that will be deciding our post-EU future. Given the dominance of the Remain camp, I fully expect to see us signed up to the EEA, with all that entails - contributions to EU budget and free migration. I'd also expect us to enshrine various aspects of EU law into English law as well.

There's not going to be much visible difference for quite some time

So why do you think that they don't want all these extra powers that you want to give them ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
£100bn has already been taken out of the UK, and Brexit hasn't even ****ing happened yet! :facepalm:

Just the potential of Brexit has caused our markets to have a massive wobble.

Sorry, I meant that there's going to be no visible difference to our law-making, migration policy, security controls etc

There's clearly going to be a short-term economic disruption

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry, I meant that there's going to be no visible difference to our law-making, migration policy, security controls etc

There's clearly going to be a short-term economic disruption

It's highly unlikely to be short term. At what point are people going to acknowledge that maybe 100s and 100s of economic experts might have a clue what they're on about?!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's highly unlikely to be short term. At what point are people going to acknowledge that maybe 100s and 100s of economic experts might have a clue what they're on about?!

It's ok, we'll be propped up by the savings we make by not being in the EU. you know, the same ones that have also been earmarked for the NHS, fishing and anything else that Leave have claimed. :facepalm:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
£100bn has already been taken out of the UK, and Brexit hasn't even ****ing happened yet! :facepalm:

Just the potential of Brexit has caused our markets to have a massive wobble.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...rds-6000-and-pound-falls-as-brexit-fears-dri/

^^^ This isn't scaremongering. This isn't "what ifs" and economic guesswork. This is what is actually happening right now.

We are slaves to the stock market. The markets wobble if the US President farts in a way they weren't expecting. They always recover.

I think most on the leave side understand there will be some short term pain, but believe breaking the EU shackles week benefit us in the long term

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Well, the nation needs to decide if it wants that horror show running an isolated England or not.

I thought we didn't do Thumbs Down anymore. This appeared s I was attempting to do a thumbs up, so if they register as being from me, herr TT, i wish to disassociate myself from them totally. I really do fear this prospect.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

REMAIN MPs - 462
LEAVE MPs - 150

In a nutshell, we're having this referendum and putting everything at risk because of the infighting in the Tory party.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hold on, I though he was a believer in democracy. Surely as a matter of principle he'd have to win an election rather than get parachuted into the Lords?

If the vote for Brexit wins then Nige does not have a job anymore.... I'm sure that he can be persuaded to bring his unique talents to another party with the right offer, remember how he regained control of UKIP despite standing down...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here