Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Worthing types

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That is a problem with virtually every pub in Worthing except for The Hare & Hounds in Portland Road and The George & Dragon in Tarring.

you can add The Selden and The Swan to the two above.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
The club itself is an option - but I seem to remember from my last visit a distinct lack of decent beer.

Quite often they have 'guest beers' from Dark Star brewery on if thats what sails your boat. The bar has Sky Sports News but not live games at present. Screening live games was looked into, but the restrictive cost of licensed premises subscription scared them off. Backward thinking imo , but when you have a dinosaur like Hollis & his obedient family deciples plus assorted hangers on in charge who couldn't run a bath let alone a football club, it's not too surprising. Worthing are top of the league despite the Board not because of them. Worthing are top of the league thanks to the nous & dedication of the team management, players plus fans dipping into their pockets to subsidise the wages.

I forgot about the Downview. If it's convenience to the ground thats a factor, Then the downview could work. Desipite what the other poster claimed, I wouldn't take a four year old into the Clifton.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You saying the Seldon doesn`t do good beer. Hold me coat hold me coat.

Exactly, plus the Richard Cobden & The Swan Inn. And not so far away the Snooty Fox, Henty Arms and the Crabtree.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Exactly, plus the Richard Cobden & The Swan Inn. And not so far away the Snooty Fox, Henty Arms and the Crabtree.

and The Charles Dickens.........................

in fact everywhere in Worthing does good beer.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Oh, and what exactly is a Worthing Type? Is it similar to a Hoxton Type? My granny lived in Hoxton, so I guess there are some parallels

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

The Henty Arms in Ferring has awful beer Milo couldnt produce a good pint if his life depended on it. It used to be good when it had Friary Meux beer and Arthur Davis was the governor, early 60s. My father in law worked in there for many years.

I must admit not living in Worthing I dont visit the pubs that I used to but it appears that those that were good continue to be so and those that were crap are still. That appears the way in all areas but people tend to blame the no smoking, which hasnt helped.

Hissing Fauna

Jan 12, 2010
Brighton
Well, the Downview can f*** off - the unfriendly old mare behind the bar couldn't have been more unfriendly - 'No children', 'We're not showing Villa vs Wolves', & 'Try the Thomas A Beckett'. The latter suggestion - FFS, it's miles away.

Ended up in The Warwick, after travelling back into Worthing, then watched a pretty efficient Folkestone win 2-1, albeit courtesy of a dodgy injury time penalty.

Glad I'm back in Brighton

Lush

Mods' Pet
Well, the Downview can f*** off - the unfriendly old mare behind the bar couldn't have been more unfriendly - 'No children', 'We're not showing Villa vs Wolves', & 'Try the Thomas A Beckett'. The latter suggestion - FFS, it's miles away.

Ended up in The Warwick, after travelling back into Worthing, then watched a pretty efficient Folkestone win 2-1, albeit courtesy of a dodgy injury time penalty.

Glad I'm back in Brighton

Aw that's a shame. Will adjust future recommendations accordingly. :(

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Last time i was back in Worthing i was appalled by the lack of a decent pub - Only decent one i found was the Hare and Hounds and they don't show football anyway.

The town has gone down the pan since i first started going out there back in 94/95. It's just a baron wastleland for decent pubs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Last time i was back in Worthing i was appalled by the lack of a decent pub - Only decent one i found was the Hare and Hounds and they don't show football anyway.

The town has gone down the pan since i first started going out there back in 94/95. It's just a baron wastleland for decent pubs.

That is my view being an exile.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here