Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Worthing types

Hissing Fauna

Jan 12, 2010
Brighton
Me and a mate (plus 4 year old son) are off to watch Worthing vs Folkestone this Sat, but want to watch the Villa vs Wolves game first. Any sugestions around Worthing train station/near the ground? Ta.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
none of them. seriously.

OK, bit churlish, maybe what used to be Chapman's is now the Great Victorian Hotel or something, directly opposite the station (Worthing) if they're showing it.

Last edited:

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Try the little pub (Seldon?) opposite the old gasometer thing on Lyndhurst Road. They usually show the live games plus have great beer & good cheap food. Walkable from the station but in the opposite direction of Woodside Road. Parking around that area is a mare too.

As for pubs around the station. As mentioned, The Great Victorian (Chapmans) is a possibility. The Clifton on Tarring Road has Sky Sports but it was always well dodgy in there. Don't believe it's changed much. Like walking into a 70's timewarp as I remember it.

Should be a great game, top of the table clash, huge for us!! Can't think of many tbh but definetly don't do clifton arms! If you're willing to go along to West Worthing The Downview might have it on, then head back to Worthing for the game, if that's possible!!

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
chapmans hasnt got sky now. if you coming by train get of at west worthing and go to the downview then cross the train gates and walk down pavillion road ( first or second road on the right ) woodside road is halfway down pavillion road

edit too slow

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What a load of softies!! The Clifton has a reputation that has been exaggerated as time goes by provided you do not act like Jack the Lad you will be Ok. The Selden is totally the wrong way from the station and the Downview is well past the ground. My mother worked in both Clifton and The Downview in years gone by. Good fish and chip shop next to The Clifton which has changed hands in the last few months and is now quite good and reasonable.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
What a load of softies!! The Clifton has a reputation that has been exaggerated as time goes by provided you do not act like Jack the Lad you will be Ok. The Selden is totally the wrong way from the station and the Downview is well past the ground. My mother worked in both Clifton and The Downview in years gone by. Good fish and chip shop next to The Clifton which has changed hands in the last few months and is now quite good and reasonable.

I have no problems with the Clifton but i think The Downview is the best bet.

Woodside Road is inbetween the 2 stations plus is a little bit more child friendly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
chapmans hasnt got sky now. if you coming by train get of at west worthing and go to the downview then cross the train gates and walk down pavillion road ( first or second road on the right ) woodside road is halfway down pavillion road

edit too slow

Wrong!

Over the crossings at West Worthing 1st right which is Becket Road, that goes into Pavillion Rd where the Fish and Chip shop is, 3rd on the left as the road bends to the right is Woodside Road.

Thanks! Should be a cracker, VC

It will be!! Make sure you look out for a scruffy young adult with a shirt and tie walking around the ground before the game with a microphone......that'll be me :) am doing huge feature on my WFC Podcast show so I'll be gauging reaction before and after the game!!

SIMON COLBRAN'S RED AND WHITE ARMY!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It bends slightly to the left and then right again by FitzHoward Centre, or is it called FitzAllan centre, which used to be Worthing FC changing rooms when Arthur and David Bloom played for Worthing. The bend is immaterial but saying that you go over the crossing and then down Pavillion Rd would leave somebody walking for ages looking for a road that doesnt exist there.

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
It bends slightly to the left and then right again by FitzHoward Centre, or is it called FitzAllan centre, which used to be Worthing FC changing rooms when Arthur and David Bloom played for Worthing. The bend is immaterial but saying that you go over the crossing and then down Pavillion Rd would leave somebody walking for ages looking for a road that doesnt exist there.

would rather have them walking round than taking a 4year old into the clifton :p but yes its beckett road not pav road ( and ive been up " becket road 100's of times and allways thought it was part of pavillion road )

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
would rather have them walking round than taking a 4year old into the clifton :p but yes its beckett road not pav road ( and ive been up " becket road 100's of times and allways thought it was part of pavillion road )

Personally dont think they should take a 4 year old into a pub anyway. Is Worthing FC not open and showing games before kick off. If not they are missing out on a large market to get people into the ground early to watch the game on TV and have a drink and something to eat then watch their game.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Personally dont think they should take a 4 year old into a pub anyway. Is Worthing FC not open and showing games before kick off. If not they are missing out on a large market to get people into the ground early to watch the game on TV and have a drink and something to eat then watch their game.

Worthing FC is normally open well in advance of kick off (2 bards), I think they may show live Sky matches, why not give them a ring and ask them. Oh, and its no more than a 5-10 min walk from Worthing Station.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Get off at West Worthing Station. Go to the Downview opposite the south exit (cheap food & beer, family/child friendly), walk the no more than 10 mins to the ground. It' s no more difficult than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here