FAO London Seagulls

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Hello,

Would any of you London folk be able to comment on what living round here is like.

I'm moving to London at the end of March. I'm having to do a mix of 'on the ground' and internet research as I currently live in Leeds so it's not that easy to travel to London every 5 minutes.

Cheers folks

HS

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Should be fine...

I don't live too far away, and I've got friends who live just round the corner (just moved)

You can walk to Brixton for the tube, but I think that buses round there take you up to Stockwell one stop up.

D

Deleted User X18H

Do you possess a machete, a shotgun, a kosh or any type of pistol ?? if not I will give you the time it takes to shut your front door a step on two paving slabs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
An HM establishment nearby for all your prison needs!

Too slow :(

Last edited:

not bad an area. Close to Clapham Common and Brixton means your evenings out are sorted. Like everywhere in London now there are bound to be nice bits close to dodgy bits, so i wouldn't worry about some of the comments. Just got to learn to get your london f**k off face on!!!!!!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
MikeySmall said:
There are better parts of both Clapham and Brixton......

er, yeah, i was going to say the same thing.Why this area in particular?
I'm a big defender of Brixton,but this is one of the hotspots i wouldn't want to live in.Ignore the names, this is NOT CLAPHAM, nor is it really Brixton, it's Streatham primarily and you've entered a spot with the prison (nutters everywhere) but worse is the south circular AND the A23.Now i know the A23 leads eventually to paradise but at this end it certainly ain't.Around both these roads are big housing estates.Sorry.

Brixtaan said:
er, yeah, i was going to say the same thing.Why this area in particular?
I'm a big defender of Brixton,but this is one of the hotspots i wouldn't want to live in.Ignore the names, this is NOT CLAPHAM, nor is it really Brixton, it's Streatham primarily and you've entered a spot with the prison (nutters everywhere) but worse is the south circular AND the A23.Now i know the A23 leads eventually to paradise but at this end it certainly ain't.Around both these roads are big housing estates.Sorry.

And Brixtaan is top nutter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports