Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO: Attila, Re: AFC Wimbledon / MK Dons

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Sort of. But I'm a tolerant man who is always willing to give people a second chance.

:shrug:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hi Bluebird, genuinely pleased to see you here again, how's it going? Are you another candidate for Administration? I must admit I've developed a bit of a soft spot for Cardiff since David Jones went there (I've followed his career since he was disgracefully sacked by Southampton) so I hope things work out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hi Bluebird, genuinely pleased to see you here again, how's it going? Are you another candidate for Administration? I must admit I've developed a bit of a soft spot for Cardiff since David Jones went there (I've followed his career since he was disgracefully sacked by Southampton) so I hope things work out.

Administration?

Everythings looking good for Cardiff. All above board and being run frugally by that old penny-pincher Peter Ridsdale.

Robbie Fowler is apparently playing for £36 pounds a week, and Hasselbank is actually paying THEM to be there, just for the chance to be near the Doctor Who set.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff

I'm well, thanks.

I presume you've read about all the nonsense that has been going on here in recent months, but the truth of the matter is that it's been little more than a power struggle.

Sam Hammam was ousted this time last year by the local rugby mafia and their new front man, one Peter Ridsdale. Initially, the takeover was an amicable affair, but it turned nasty in December 2006 and has been getting nastier ever since.

It will rumble on for some time to come, but in my opinion the threat of administration is a pretty remote one. I've spent many, many hours with both men in recent years, and it's crystal clear from numerous conversations on the subject that such a scenario would suit nobody. It certainly wouldn't suit Hammam, who is owed £24 million by the club, and it wouldn't suit Pinocchio Pete and the rugby boys, who have many millions tied up in the new stadium/retail development.

I'm certain the legal case you may have read about will be settled out of court. It was initially due to be heard this week, but it has now been deferred to March at the earliest. I'm confident it will be resolved before then.

As for Dave Jones, I'm afraid his limitations as a manager have been become painfully apparent in the last twelve months. The team has been underperforming for that length of time, and some of the signings he has brought in since Hammam was booted out have been absolutely shocking. Our support is very much split about his abilities, but the majority want him out.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Just back from a frenetically enjoyable 5 days with my band in Belgium/Switzerland/Germany. Great win at Swindon! Shame I missed it......

Have dealt with this one before. But just once more.....in a lot more detail than I could ever be bothered to give before.

I loathe profiteers and scheisters in football (as everywhere else) as I think most people realise by now after my actions over many years. What happened to AFC Wimbledon was absolutely disgusting. I have known a lot about it for a long time, since two of the main protagonists on each side of the divide are both known to me through my work.

Iain McNay, boss of Cherry Red Records (with whom I did 2 albums in the 80s) is, along with some of his colleagues at the label, a huge AFC fan. Cherry Red are involved with AFC, sponsor some other minor league football, and are brilliant supporters of the grass roots of the game.

Pete Winkelman, who is the individual (I am not going to get NSC into libel problems)
behind Franchise and is the current chairman, used to manage my old mates The Nightingales, weirdly brilliant 'comedian' Ted 'Walking down the road the other day' Chippington and punk girl combo We've Got A Fuzzbox and We're Gonna Use It. I didn't like him then and.......

After Wimbledon proper were turned into Franchise by a hastily assembled 3 man Football League 'panel' on the casting vote of the York City chairman - a man loathed by York fans, a man who famously dismissed their demonstration for his removal as 'a symptom of modern society' - Winkelman did the deal with Milton Keynes council. As a developing newtown they were very keen to to have a club in their area.

AFC are now a little community club with a 10 year plan to get back into a league they should never have left. They play at Kingstonian's little ground. Horrid memories!
Franchise were inserted into the league under false pretences. They have the full backing of MK Council (who have just built them a 30,000 capacity stadium)

There is and never has been the tiniest chance in hell that AFC would overtake them in the forseeable future.

The Wimbledon fans were obviously devastated. We fellow fans did all we could to support them to no avail and their club ceased to exist. Some time later, during the Wrexham struggle, someone posted on here 'Supporters united will never be defeated'
to which Bluebird, being a witty wind up merchant, who had dismissed all of us campaigners as 'superfans', replied

'I suppose AFC Wimbledon was declared a draw'

The wind up worked. I was livid beyond belief. Rather than just launching into a torrade of abuse (as I did with Simster when he referred to Wrexham's solidarity scarf as 'shit', which was stupid on my part) I decided to wind Bluebird up back. My ludicrous 'bet' was the result. Anyone who knows anything about football knows it was completely impossible. But not Bluebird! My wind up worked as well as his did. He's been whining about it ever since.
That's it really.
Apart from the fact that when we get our Fans' Bar (which we're currently talking to the powers that be about) I shall most definitely be putting some money behind it at our first game as a personal thanks to everyone who has stood by us - and I know that some of the St Pauli crew will be over to drink some of it!
A

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Just back from a frenetically enjoyable 5 days with my band in Belgium/Switzerland/Germany. Great win at Swindon! Shame I missed it......

Have dealt with this one before. But just once more.....in a lot more detail than I could ever be bothered to give before.

I loathe profiteers and scheisters in football (as everywhere else) as I think most people realise by now after my actions over many years. What happened to AFC Wimbledon was absolutely disgusting. I have known a lot about it for a long time, since two of the main protagonists on each side of the divide are both known to me through my work.

Iain McNay, boss of Cherry Red Records (with whom I did 2 albums in the 80s) is, along with some of his colleagues at the label, a huge AFC fan. Cherry Red are involved with AFC, sponsor some other minor league football, and are brilliant supporters of the grass roots of the game.

Pete Winkelman, who is the individual (I am not going to get NSC into libel problems)
behind Franchise and is the current chairman, used to manage my old mates The Nightingales, weirdly brilliant 'comedian' Ted 'Walking down the road the other day' Chippington and punk girl combo We've Got A Fuzzbox and We're Gonna Use It. I didn't like him then and.......

After Wimbledon proper were turned into Franchise by a hastily assembled 3 man Football League 'panel' on the casting vote of the York City chairman - a man loathed by York fans, a man who famously dismissed their demonstration for his removal as 'a symptom of modern society' - Winkelman did the deal with Milton Keynes council. As a developing newtown they were very keen to to have a club in their area.

AFC are now a little community club with a 10 year plan to get back into a league they should never have left. They play at Kingstonian's little ground. Horrid memories!
Franchise were inserted into the league under false pretences. They have the full backing of MK Council (who have just built them a 30,000 capacity stadium)

There is and never has been the tiniest chance in hell that AFC would overtake them in the forseeable future.

The Wimbledon fans were obviously devastated. We fellow fans did all we could to support them to no avail and their club ceased to exist. Some time later, during the Wrexham struggle, someone posted on here 'Supporters united will never be defeated'
to which Bluebird, being a witty wind up merchant, who had dismissed all of us campaigners as 'superfans', replied

The wind up worked. I was livid beyond belief. Rather than just launching into a torrade of abuse (as I did with Simster when he referred to Wrexham's solidarity scarf as 'shit', which was stupid on my part) I decided to wind Bluebird up back. My ludicrous 'bet' was the result. Anyone who knows anything about football knows it was completely impossible. But not Bluebird! My wind up worked as well as his did. He's been whining about it ever since.
That's it really.
Apart from the fact that when we get our Fans' Bar (which we're currently talking to the powers that be about) I shall most definitely be putting some money behind it at our first game as a personal thanks to everyone who has stood by us - and I know that some of the St Pauli crew will be over to drink some of it!
A

sorry but :bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
When AFC Wimbledon formed ('02?) I had a £50 bet with a mate that within 10 years they'd be above Franchise FC in the pyramid.

By my reckoning if MK Dons go up this season and AFC Wimbledon don't I'm going to have to pay out (unless I get pedantic about teams going bust).

Can't be arsed to work it out but if anyone can confirm this for me I'll make sure to put a bit of money aside so that I can honour the bet at the end of the season.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
just had a look at the Ryman Football site, Cracking gate figures for AFC Wimbledon this season, 2K plus every home match.

good luck to them. If Eastbourne Borough don't go up and AFC W. can get their act together I might even drag myself to a live game next season.

(not that I give much of a toss about football anymore)

P.S. St Pauli supporters will drink ANYTHING

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

That's it really.
A

I must tell the man at ladbrokes that one.

That's it really.

Your 'wind up' was SHIT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here