Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans wearing home or away kit

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I see quite a lot of fans wear the green kit at the Amex as well as away matches, it is just which colour people prefer or is there another significance I have missed, self proclaimed active JCL.
When I was a kid it was only ever blue and white.

When I was a kid ... I love this 'old geezer' reminiscing, by the way ... it was grey flannel shorts, a white shirt and a tie.

And the Club I supported didn't possess "away shirts". On the rare occasions that Newport County played another team that wore amber, and a change of kit was necessary (eg Hull City), they used to borrow a set of Cardiff City shirts. Seriously.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I won't wear my away kits to the Amex, but do sometime wear them away if I think we are likely to play in that strip...

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Some people are poor Martyn. They have to choose, home or away kit, pie and a pint ( increase this year ) season ticket etc. etc. Some can't even afford to be 1901 members, or pay £360 to park the car. Oh! scrub that last bit, the 1901's have to dress without stipes of any colour. :shrug:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Got last seasons blue/white shirt autographed by Dunk/Vicente/Bruno/Calderon & Kooocheck on BOGOF day. I have only handwashed it since. Could be a bit wiffy come the end of the season!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I won't wear any football shirt ever to a match

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Some people are poor Martyn. They have to choose, home or away kit, pie and a pint ( increase this year ) season ticket etc. etc. Some can't even afford to be 1901 members, or pay £360 to park the car. Oh! scrub that last bit, the 1901's have to dress without stipes of any colour. :shrug:

I can't afford either at the moment but I am saving and wondered which was the best to buy. Retiring from work at the age of 31 does not leave you with a lot of money.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I am only talking about the 1970's I was so proud of my Brighton track suit

The blue Bukta one with the logo down the sleeves?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
DISGUSTING beast, no WONDER you like RUBBING up against me on the PLATFORM

Oh do pipe down you tart, go and find your SAUCE

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
when i was a kid ... I love this 'old geezer' reminiscing, by the way ... It was grey flannel shorts, a white shirt and a tie.

And the club i supported didn't possess "away shirts". On the rare occasions that newport county played another team that wore amber, and a change of kit was necessary (eg hull city), they used to borrow a set of cardiff city shirts. Seriously.

jlc !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here