Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fan's view of the season (so far)

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I notice the Palace gimp has COMPLETELY whitewashed our game from his psyche. Worst moment - "Watford away in the Carabao Cup not scoring a goal" - yeah, right-o.

Says it all.

TBF palace lost that game in the last minute wear as palace drew the game against Brighton which was a better result than most palace fans thought would happen.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I notice the Palace gimp has COMPLETELY whitewashed our game from his psyche. Worst moment - "Watford away in the Carabao Cup not scoring a goal" - yeah, right-o.

Says it all.

TBF palace lost that game in the last minute wear as palace drew the game against Brighton which was a better result than most palace fans thought would happen.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Not on 95 minutes it wasn't.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Best performance is given as Palace where we were non-descript for large stretches and deserved nothing better than the point we scraped...

Worst performance is given as Arsenal where we frequently played them off the park and deserved all 3 points?

What sort of moron is this 'fan' and could we get a better one in next time?

To be fair, although they were asked about the best performance, they did actually say 'the best result'. And I'd agree. That 1-1 draw was the best 'result' we've had this year in my view (PS - I didn't write it...).

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
To be fair, although they were asked about the best performance, they did actually say 'the best result'. And I'd agree. That 1-1 draw was the best 'result' we've had this year in my view (PS - I didn't write it...).

Yes, they seemed to be asked one question and answer their own one. I presume they work in politics

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
A “Stephanie Fincham” also gets thanked as being part of The Guardian Weekend Team in the Acknowledgements sections of a couple of books written by Guardian journos.

So I think it’s a fair assumption to make that she actually works at The Guardian, and therefore chances of displacing her as the go-to “fans’ voice” are zero.

An employee of the guardian utterly detached from reality? What are the chances? :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

If we're talking results, why is a draw, against a team that had won one game this season (against a 10man team), and historically is lower half, a better result than a comfortable win against a buoyant Watford, or the only win a team has against a Brentford side that has faced Arsenal and Liverpool, or a 2-1 victory over a leicester side that is usuallly at the top end of the table?

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, I agree with the critiques of the Arsenal and Palace aspects, but the reviews from this fan have been good historically, and we will have to wonder if this piece was written by a male whether the response on here would have been similarly vitriolic.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The answers are decent part from the obvious - Palace our worst performance and Arsenal our best. Still, anything to talk about Maupay making them cry and Zaha being his usual **** self is good publicity in my book :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I guess if you keep saying it like you have on this thread you may end up believing it’s true :lol: don’t blame your fan for ignoring it but it’s funny they did still :lol: Watford in the league cup the worst result :lol::ffsparr::dunky:

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Well, I agree with the critiques of the Arsenal and Palace aspects, but the reviews from this fan have been good historically, and we will have to wonder if this piece was written by a male whether the response on here would have been similarly vitriolic.

I would just have thought that with 12,000 posts on here you may have seen plenty of vitriolic posts aimed at everybody and anybody at some time ! :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here