FANS unUNITED

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RoyalAli said:
Its not like Madejski is doing anything unethical here, please stop making him out to be some sort of war criminal

Don't exaggerate - you are meant to be defending him (and yourself) from the charge of not giving a flying f*** about the wider football community. That's all we are accusing him (and you, indirectly) of. We are not making him out to be anything as serious as you are suggesting - setting up some invented attitude of ours as a straw man to (easily) attack does you no service.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
its called being public spirited and helping a club in need.

If Majeski is using this as an example to show other clubs how big and hard he is, then he is looking a bigger and harder wanker than we all thought

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
So there's Exeter City, currently 10th in the Conference, playing in the other St James Park. Two of the guys who were involved un running the club are now facing criminal charges relating to their time at the club. The new fans led board have fought a succesion of desperate battles to try and keep the club alive.

Then there's Reading FC, currently 4th in the Championship with a host of well paid top professionals, playing in a top of the range stadium. They have an extremely wealthy chairman and are looking forward to entering the Premiership gravy train and getting even more of Skys millions. You took Exeters manager and as far as I can tell paid nothing in compensation because you weren't obliged to. Because you're multi-millionaire chairman is pissed off at Leicester City he decides to take it out on Exeter City by refusing to accept a cut of around 4 grand.

£4,000

Can you see how that might look a little mean?

Cambridge are screwed at the moment, they just don't have the finances to say yes to this deal. They may well join Exeter in the Conference next season.

I think we could have been well within our rights to say to Exeter City "sorry but we're not going to accept this, we need all the money we can get". Instead I think we realised that we could very well be in a predicament like Exeter are in at the moment, and if that time comes then we will need all the friends we can get.

I guess at the moment this doesn't matter to you. You're living it high on the hog and I suppose little old Exeter mean f*ck all to you, especially compared to the mighty Reading. I suppose you will be promoted to the Premiership, paying 40 quid a pop to watch mediocre top flight players at places like Birmingham City. I will say that this old game has a way of biting back.

Leeds United once got Bradford City shut down in the 80's over an unpaid transfer fee. I bet a few years back Leeds fans might have thought like yourself. Maybe soon Bradford might have the chance to gain revenge.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Does it matter. It was a cry for help and your club ignored it. Your better suited to the Premiership than I ever thought.

Smithers-Jones

Mar 26, 2004
Eltham
RoyalAli said:
He doesn't take money from the club, much the opposite in fact.
He's been putting his own money into the club, to make sure that we can operate at the level we get ourselves to.
Its like a personal toy.

In several previous posts you said he was running Reading as "a business". Now you are saying it is personal toy. If this latter statement is correct then it is quite feaible that he may one day get bored with his "toy" and look for something different(maybe a new yacht for him and Cilla!). Then what happens? Oh dear no sugar daddy to keep pumping money in....Relegation followed by financial problems due to big contracts you can no longer afford to pay due to lost revenue...Hello? Is that the administrator I can see? .... "Sorry other clubs, we can't afford to pay you all that we owe. Can we just give you half?" To which the reply (hopefully) will be a resounding "NO, YOU CAN PAY US THE f***ing LOT!":angry:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
RoyalAli but changed by gazwag said:
USA/UK is a business.
Blair/Bush wants us to be run like a business.
If somebody owed you money, would you want them to pay it back?
Why should The Third World countries be able to write it all off?

And what the f*** is this to do with the American/British people.
Its absolutely NOTHING to do with us.

I have re-written the quote to make my point

Isn't that attitude why the third world countries are in such a bad way and always looking for charitable donations because the loans made by us and other countries will not be written off

Not wanting to turn this into a political argument at all it just seemed to be a similar concept. Not that the survival of a football club can anyway be compared to the survival of a country

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Reading are mean and Madejski is a hearless ****.

It's nice to see such compassion from a lot of clubs with not very much money, didn't expect anything less from Reading though.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
RoyalAli said:
Why?
If somebody owes you money, but then suddenly says they can't pay you back, then what do you do?
Its wages for Adie Whitbread, why shouldn't we want paying back?
We did them a favour by loaning them a player, and they're not paying the money back.
Lets face it, Madejski didn't get rich by letting people pay him half of what they owed.
Whats the point in a contract if clubs can walk away from it?

The club that you should be comdemning is Exeter, for not being respectable enough to pay back money that they owe, not Reading, for asking for the money.

I hope for your sake that Reading are never in financial trouble. What goes around, comes around:angry:

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
RoyalAli said:
He doesn't take money from the club, much the opposite in fact.

So that FO hotel and the conferencing suites that adjoin your stadium are purely for the football club to raise funds? You are a complete twat. :shootself Get your head out of the sand you ostrich.

Madjeski has only one interest himself. The proof is the name of the stadium or has that passed you by too? If he was truly commercial he would have got a large IT company that is right on your doorstep (and you can choose either one) and named it after them or even called it the Auto Trader Stadium to boost another of his business interests or did you not know that either??

Come on Ali get in the real world. We understand Madjeski is a business man and yes Exeter are paying for the evils of previous boards but come on £4K to Madjeski is just another £10.00 a night on the hotel room or even 10p on a pint for one match.

See how ridiculous your stance is? :tosser:

When I lived in Reading most of the fans had ideas of gradiuer and I see it hasn't changed. Here's hoping you make the play-offs again and choke as usual.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Kind-hearted Cardiff City: owed £2,969, accepted £1,484.

I hope Brixtaan is reading this......

Agree with Ali's point about the title of this thread though. The issue has got nothing to do with the fans of any of the clubs concerned.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Surely Royal Ali is just joking can any football fan be so short sighted to have this look after my own attitude.

Just backs up the general feeling about reading Football club really, wanker chairman, selfish fans. f*** off.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Nail on head - he didn't have to do the honourable thing, and he didn't.

What a guy!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Is there any proof anywhere that Madejski actually had anything to do with this decision himself? Isn't it far more likely that the decision was made by Reading's chief executive or some other club official?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Of course, there's no proof that Stalin himself said "I'd like to call that town Stalingrad if you don't mind."

It was probably, officially at least "suggested" by some minor official in honour of the great chairman himself....:shootself

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
RoyalAli said:
No proof whatesover. But the famous Brighton fans like to think Madejski is an evil wicked greedy selfish man.

Be careful. Don't forget when you're talking about Brighton fans you're talking about the self-appointed moral guardians of British football......

RoyalAli said:
No proof whatesover.
But the famous Brighton fans like to think Madejski is an evil wicked greedy selfish man.

In my experience having dealt with one of his other companies - he is a greedy selfish man, not evil - I'll give you that but he is greedy and selfish.

Also can I add that most of the Reading fans of my acquaintence are not like ali at all.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Be careful. Don't forget when you're talking about Brighton fans you're talking about the self-appointed moral guardians of British football......

:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports