Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans man of the match

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Could we also vote for when Kazenga Lua Lua comes on?

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
They did this last season, or the season before, didn't they?

I remember thinking "why on earth would anybody pay for a premium rate text just to vote for MoM".

I must have been right as they've obviously dropped it now.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester

I remember thinking "why on earth would anybody pay for a premium rate text just to vote for MoM".

Yup they've already done it and I used to laugh every time!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

a

Yup they've already done it and I used to laugh every time!

I suppose there's no demand for it then. Funny, I can't remember that happening, must be getting old.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Part of the deal for the sponsors is to present the MOM award to the MOM they pick, so potentially the club may lose a bit in sponsorship

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
they could even do a "who should be dragged off and subbed" rolling text, and the current top 3 is on the large screen so these players know to up their game.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
they could even do a "who should be dragged off and subbed" rolling text, and the current top 3 is on the large screen so these players know to up their game.

Problem is, some like Spanish Dave, would know the game's up in the first five minutes. :ffsparr:

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
How about a lottery to decide, you pay a quid and the winner is picked at half time and gets to spend second half in a directors box and choose MOTM

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
I know, how about a group of sponsors who decide who actually played well in the game and awarding it to that player

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Could we also vote for when Kazenga Lua Lua comes on?

There was a Finnish team who introduced just such a system. They had a fans' substitute voted by the crowd - can't remember the details of how this worked as I read about it 10 years ago.

I do remember writing to Martin Perry about the same time, suggesting that the Albion adopt a similar system to choose MoM - I didn't get a reply.

I guess that it would fall down on possible lack of sponsorship revenue that wasn't offset by the revenue from phone voting. Given that, as other people have pointed out, it's near impossible to get a signal at the Amex, I can't see it getting off the ground

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It was £1 for AITC. I suppose they thought that people might like to donate to charity.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I used the seagulls app to keep track of scores and tweets etc, otherwise I can't get a signal (it's a very clever peer to peer thing) and on here is the option to vote for MoM.

So download the app and vote away. It's already in place.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Smart phones and tablets out, eyes down and here we go.
Prematch you'll be pre ordering your pie & pint ready for collection at the pick up point whilst selecting the team and subs. Into the ground and we select what Fat Boy Slim track to play. Forget the toss, we've already selected the end we are playing into. Should Ulloa shoot? Wait as we all text. Meanwhile the entire North Stand text "We're the North Stand......" but sadly the West cant get their texts in quick enough. Half time and back to the pick up point. Those still in their seats can vote to eject the compare and guests. Second half and we've voted to bring on LuaLua but big fingers errors have meant we've voted to take off the Goalie!!! MOM vote comes in and Mark Lawrenson wins for the third week running, a recount is ordered after it is noted most votes came from a phone in a TV studio in Manchester. 1:0 up and tactics are selected to 'park the bus' thus the driver of the P&R brings the double decker on to the pitch. A woman in the lower east shouts 'Bingo', much to the annoyance of the 1901 members who all wanted number 6 for a full house.
Yes, you're right, I'm bored waiting for the draw.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
People moan about being able to use their phones in the stadium for texting a vote for MoM, but by the time it's normally announced there should be a good reception in the bus queue???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here