Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] fans forum

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm not sure what to make of GP coming out and saying he can work with the players he has, and we should be working to get more goals out of connolly/Maupay etc. 10+ or 20+ goals each a season

If so. Then why didn't we do this with Andone and Locadia instead of spending £20+ million on championship striker?.

One reason he said so: he is not Mourinho, he wont say "everyone is shit and unless you the boss pay up £1bn to invest in new players I'm just gonna troll the team and lose".

Another reason: The Maup just turned 24 and Connolly is 20. Locadia is soon 27 and Andone already is. They are supposed to be complete as players. Sure they could probably improve somewhat but Potter worked with them all of last summer and probably reached the conclusion that one of them is a lazy wanker and the other one is a dickhead wanker.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm not sure what to make of GP coming out and saying he can work with the players he has, and we should be working to get more goals out of connolly/Maupay etc. 10+ or 20+ goals each a season

If so. Then why didn't we do this with Andone and Locadia instead of spending £20+ million on championship striker?.

Andone and Locadia were signed under a previous managers requirements I guess? Maupay was brought in and Connolly promoted from the U23's under GP's requirements?

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
One reason he said so: he is not Mourinho, he wont say "everyone is shit and unless you the boss pay up £1bn to invest in new players I'm just gonna troll the team and lose".

Another reason: The Maup just turned 24 and Connolly is 20. Locadia is soon 27 and Andone already is. They are supposed to be complete as players. Sure they could probably improve somewhat but Potter worked with them all of last summer and probably reached the conclusion that one of them is a lazy wanker and the other one is a dickhead wanker.

LMAO, I hope your right. If you know what i mean.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove

Are you saying Maupay was a bad buy? If so I dont know what you expected in a 1st season given 10 goals. Locardia couldn't be bothered and Andone has said he doesn't want to play for us.

As has been said elsewhere if we want a striker we have to wait until 1 is available at an acceptable price. Yes we might have to settle for someone not already PL baked but the window doesn't close until mid Oct.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Are you saying Maupay was a bad buy? If so I dont know what you expected in a 1st season given 10 goals. Locardia couldn't be bothered and Andone has said he doesn't want to play for us.

As has been said elsewhere if we want a striker we have to wait until 1 is available at an acceptable price. Yes we might have to settle for someone not already PL baked but the window doesn't close until mid Oct.

I'm not picking on Maupay, But if he doesn't improve on last season with Lallana and Bissouma playing on fire, Then yes, He could be a bad buy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yes, your opinion is more valid. I think your opinion if you believe that each of us that wants a new player should pay for them ourselves is bollox and you are a bit thick, but you are more entitled to it than someone that doesn't realise how much it means to some of is to stay in the Prem. I don't think he has the right to condascend real Brighton fans. Obviously you do and I couldn't give a f***. You really don't think that a lifelong Brighton fan, one that has paid into the club for most of their lives and always will has more right to an opinion about our club than someone that has just turned up to w@nk over Potter and will be gone soon? Look at his username FFS.

Well, where do you start with this?
Anyone who takes an interest in our club has the right to an opinion, doesn't matter how long, or for what reason they take an interest. NSC is a broad church, many, many opinions are put forward,on a myriad of subjects,and, believe it or not, people you don't agree with will post stuff on here. That is what makes NSC just about as good as a football forum gets.
Length of 'service' supporting the Albion doesn't give you a monopoly of intelligent posts about football, or anything else, some of us veteran supporter s have posted some of the biggest bollox on here, as you have so amply proven with the above nonsense. I'd rather read [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] musing than some more long standing posters, yourself included.
Still, as you say, you don't give a **** what I think, and, guess what, the feeling is mutual.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Well, where do you start with this?
Anyone who takes an interest in our club has the right to an opinion, doesn't matter how long, or for what reason they take an interest. NSC is a broad church, many, many opinions are put forward,on a myriad of subjects,and, believe it or not, people you don't agree with will post stuff on here. That is what makes NSC just about as good as a football forum gets.
Length of 'service' supporting the Albion doesn't give you a monopoly of intelligent posts about football, or anything else, some of us veteran supporter s have posted some of the biggest bollox on here, as you have so amply proven with the above nonsense. I'd rather read [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] musing than some more long standing posters, yourself included.
Still, as you say, you don't give a **** what I think, and, guess what, the feeling is mutual.

Amazing. You agreed with his post that we should buy the player ourselves if we want one, which is the post I thought was pathetic. If only I'd had your wisdom when Archer was selling the Goldstone. I should never have protested, marched and moaned, put out posters and balloons at 4 am in the morning before work. I should simply have bought the ground from him myself. Silly me. He isn't emotionally invested in the club, so he should keep his mouth shut about how us real fans should behave. I'm quite impressed with what Lampard is doing at Chelsea. Maybe I'll join their message board, explain I like what Lampard is doing, and then start lecturing them on their behaviour. I'm sure they will all be as subservient as you and welcome me and my opinions with open arms.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Amazing. You agreed with his post that we should buy the player ourselves if we want one, which is the post I thought was pathetic. If only I'd had your wisdom when Archer was selling the Goldstone. I should never have protested, marched and moaned, put out posters and balloons at 4 am in the morning before work. I should simply have bought the ground from him myself. Silly me. He isn't emotionally invested in the club, so he should keep his mouth shut about how us real fans should behave. I'm quite impressed with what Lampard is doing at Chelsea. Maybe I'll join their message board, explain I like what Lampard is doing, and then start lecturing them on their behaviour. I'm sure they will all be as subservient as you and welcome me and my opinions with open arms.

There is a giant difference between demanding your abusive ex-owners not to sell your ground and put the money in their own pockets and demanding that the current owner, in a time of financial uncertainty, go buy you a new luxuary striker with money that in these hard times would come from his own wallet. Its common sense. If the club fail to sign a striker its not about Tony / Dan & the recruitment team being useless, its because there would be logical, financial reasons.

Hence: be happy if a new striker arrives, accept if it doesnt. But if you are going with the "I demand a striker" option - better go get it yourself because Tony is not made out of money unlike some other owners.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Wow, if there is anything pathetic about this whole sorry thread it’s you. You hark back to a time 23 years ago, to try to establish some kind of moral superiority over a fella that posts on a football forum. A lot of us fought Archer and his cohorts, you weren’t the only one, but, most of us don’t think because we were there , ours is the only opinions that count. I actually think what he says has some pertinence t,it’s easy to moan because there is no 25 million pound striker , it’s much harder to work out how a man who has already poured 350 million into the club should shell out again to please some twats who are very free and easy with other people’s money.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We’re now on the elite stage in the most famous league in the world. Part of growing as a club includes growing a national and international fan base.

We have supporters up and down the globe now. Just recently I’ve been reading thoughts of some of our fans in the US. They have never even set foot in our country, let alone the Amex, let alone the Goldstone!

Let’s drop the elitism. If there’s an overall sentiment for our club it’s that we’re inclusive. A community club. So all our welcome as far as I’m concerned.

(Some guy who’s lived his entire life in the heart of Brighton and went to the Goldstone as a boy).

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
There is a giant difference between demanding your abusive ex-owners not to sell your ground and put the money in their own pockets and demanding that the current owner, in a time of financial uncertainty, go buy you a new luxuary striker with money that in these hard times would come from his own wallet. Its common sense. If the club fail to sign a striker its not about Tony / Dan & the recruitment team being useless, its because there would be logical, financial reasons.

Hence: be happy if a new striker arrives, accept if it doesnt. But if you are going with the "I demand a striker" option - better go get it yourself because Tony is not made out of money unlike some other owners.

Who has DEMANDED a striker? How much is 'Tony' worth?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Wow, if there is anything pathetic about this whole sorry thread it’s you. You hark back to a time 23 years ago, to try to establish some kind of moral superiority over a fella that posts on a football forum. A lot of us fought Archer and his cohorts, you weren’t the only one, but, most of us don’t think because we were there , ours is the only opinions that count. I actually think what he says has some pertinence t,it’s easy to moan because there is no 25 million pound striker , it’s much harder to work out how a man who has already poured 350 million into the club should shell out again to please some twats who are very free and easy with other people’s money.

If you don't think our history makes any difference to how we feel about our club, then I think you are a bit odd. If someone is a new fan to football and chooses the Albion or is a young fan, then they have every right to their opinions on all things Albion. If they just have an obsession for a certain manager and flit from club to club, then their opinions on how we real Albion fans should act mean F*** all to me. I've never DEMANDED anything and I don't think anyone else has. If I decided to support Swansea tomorrow, do you think I'd have the right to tell their fans how they should act? Especially if I was following the manager and not the club. You are a bigger idiot than he is.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We’re now on the elite stage in the most famous league in the world. Part of growing as a club includes growing a national and international fan base.

We have supporters up and down the globe now. Just recently I’ve been reading thoughts of some of our fans in the US. They have never even set foot in our country, let alone the Amex, let alone the Goldstone!

Let’s drop the elitism. If there’s an overall sentiment for our club it’s that we’re inclusive. A community club. So all our welcome as far as I’m concerned.

(Some guy who’s lived his entire life in the heart of Brighton and went to the Goldstone as a boy).

Supporting us is great. Condescending us, when they have no idea how we feel, they can F*** off. Comment on the football, manager or players by all means, but if you flit from club to club, you don't understand what being a fan is in my opinion.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Put a f***ing apostrophe in your username too, you illiterate ****!

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Are you angry because he is a JCL or could you be angry because you are fretting about something you have no influence over?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here