Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] fans forum

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fans' forums are a PR exercise for the club. There might be some useful questions/answers about match day experience and practicalities, especially in current times, but you're not going to get anything other than very high-level info about player targets or playing style. The club aren't going to give any info away on specific deals they're trying to do until the player is holding up the shirt, and it's eye-rolling stuff when a fan, who sees the players once or twice a fortnight, is offering advice to the very experienced and well paid coaching staff, who work with them 6 days a week..

Exactly.
I listened, but in reality expected nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The only thing you missed was a fan telling Potter he wasn’t using Alzate and March correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should be thankful he wasn't on at Barber about the free shirt policy.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Has anyone asked why theres hardly any kidney in the steak and kidney pies , bollox to a striker , I want this answered by the official club Chef

This is your man. muppets.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Fans' forums are a PR exercise for the club. There might be some useful questions/answers about match day experience and practicalities, especially in current times, but you're not going to get anything other than very high-level info about player targets or playing style. The club aren't going to give any info away on specific deals they're trying to do until the player is holding up the shirt, and it's eye-rolling stuff when a fan, who sees the players once or twice a fortnight, is offering advice to the very experienced and well paid coaching staff, who work with them 6 days a week.

I don't think that we're short of cash for what it's worth. If we were, we wouldn't be turning down £25m for a defender that wasn't even in our first team last year, particularly when we have plenty of options in that position.

Quite . . . .if things carry on as they are its not beyond the realms of possiblity we stay up with 17 points because 3 teams expire financially.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I enjoyed listening to what Graham Potter said about the importance of supportive fans and how powerful a real sense of togetherness can be at a club. He was particularly strong in his condemnation of “internet bedwetters”.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Fans' forums are a PR exercise for the club. There might be some useful questions/answers about match day experience and practicalities, especially in current times, but you're not going to get anything other than very high-level info about player targets or playing style. The club aren't going to give any info away on specific deals they're trying to do until the player is holding up the shirt, and it's eye-rolling stuff when a fan, who sees the players once or twice a fortnight, is offering advice to the very experienced and well paid coaching staff, who work with them 6 days a week.

I don't think that we're short of cash for what it's worth. If we were, we wouldn't be turning down £25m for a defender that wasn't even in our first team last year, particularly when we have plenty of options in that position.

Spot on. Especially on the last point: to add, we outbid Benfica for Nunez reportedly, with Bloom willing to spend a further £25m on a striker (although this gets lost in the current striker panic)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Spot on. Especially on the last point: to add, we outbid Benfica for Nunez reportedly, with Bloom willing to spend a further £25m on a striker (although this gets lost in the current striker panic)
Agree we all know the budget give or take glad the club aren’t panic buying lumps like 8 goal Wilson who clearly has attitude problems. Heard this morning he engineered relegation to get out of the club true or not who knows.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I'm not sure what to make of GP coming out and saying he can work with the players he has, and we should be working to get more goals out of connolly/Maupay etc. 10+ or 20+ goals each a season

If so. Then why didn't we do this with Andone and Locadia instead of spending £20+ million on championship striker?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here