Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans Forum

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
cashless stadium :censored:

Not sure, but I got the impression that there would be some kind of card system (cards made by Amex). Maybe supporters will issued some kind of Amex/Albion cash card which they will be able to top up and then use those funds with a quick wave/swipe without having to fuss around with cash, and as a result the turnaround time for buying a pint and pie etc should be reduced.

I can't say for certain that this is the plan, but PB was talking about the Amex going cashless and he pointed out the fact that our sponsors happen to be in the card payment business.

So this is just speculation on my part.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Its still a good fair question. Precisely what the forum is for.

But when he makes it plain it’s for quite literally the long term, why ask again next time?

Digressing, it was interesting that he hasn’t been approached by another investor or buyer, since his first couple of years at the club. The media, relayed on NSC, reckoned there was a buyer or co-investor in contact with the club a year or two back. Must’ve been complete bollocks.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Players singing and dancing in rock concerts and Swan Lake wasn't Potter's idea but Östersunds. He hasn't tried it with our squad.
Numerous interviews with him have all led to him saying that it was Ostersund's Chairman's idea. Potter has never claimed it as his.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure, but I got the impression that there would be some kind of card system (cards made by Amex). Maybe supporters will issued some kind of Amex/Albion cash card which they will be able to top up and then use those funds with a quick wave/swipe without having to fuss around with cash, and as a result the turnaround time for buying a pint and pie etc should be reduced.

I can't say for certain that this is the plan, but PB was talking about the Amex going cashless and he pointed out the fact that our sponsors happen to be in the card payment business.

I also think he intimated at that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And there we have it, the yearly "why don't we leave a man up on the half way line when the opposition takes a corner"

Loved Potter's response though!

What was it then?

Edit: OK, somebody's already answered that.

(Incidentally, I know I'm not a football expert, but I still don't understand why we don't leave our fastest player on the half way line when defending corners! Sorry and all that!)

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

We had that at the start of the Amex era with money being able to be loaded on the ST but was then withdrawn.

No doubt all the programme sellers will be able to issue a receipt on request if contactless is imposed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought it was alright to be honest, some decent questions (and a few predictably stupid ones, but less than expected). Thought GP came across very well - down to earth, open, honest.

D

Deleted member 2719

But when he makes it plain it’s for quite literally the long term, why ask again next time?

Digressing, it was interesting that he hasn’t been approached by another investor or buyer, since his first couple of years at the club. The media, relayed on NSC, reckoned there was a buyer or co-investor in contact with the club a year or two back. Must’ve been complete bollocks.

Tonys pause was longer than I would like and Potter was giving him the 'are you sure' look.

I like to think I am good at body language, but Bloom is the master of the bluff, isn't he???

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not really. Passive aggressive question got what it deserved - one of my favourite moments��

Indeed considering the club go way beyond the average club in giving disabled people decent facilities within the stadium. The person in question obviously believes that his enjoyment should be paid for by other people.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I tuned into Seagulls TV at about 7.10 so missed the start,. Did TB suggest that we were aiming for 10th and did nobody ask for an update on the injuries to Bissouma and Izzy. If they did I apologize.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here