Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum in Rye

Feb 14, 2010
Perhaps the right forum to ask a few questions such as:-

1. At Man U Alex Ferguson asked the crowd to stand up and sing. Would the North stand stewards have thrown the Man U manager out of the ground along with the rest of the 80,000? If not then why not?
2.At spurs, Leeds, and numerous grounds up and down the country the press wax lyrical about a superb atmosphere created by fans standing up and singing. Why is it that teenagers at Brighton in the North Stand seem to be picked on?
3. A Hillsborough, people were crushed by fences, at Brighton, there are no longer fences, is therefore agreed that using the sad death of people at Hillsborough as an excuse for throwing out teenagers in the North stand is just not on. As in the same way, using the deaths at Bradford as an argument against seats would be equally wrong.
4. Can someone explain the odd explanation that people should only sing when it is exciting? I thought fans were praised for singing whether you win, lose or draw?
5. Is there not a distinction between standing in places such as West Stand Lower which is an area for older fans as against the North Stand which was advertised as the singing stand?
6. Is it not time that Brighton stopped shooting itself in the foot on this issue and instead learnt from clubs like Spurs and Liverpool and it really is time to leave the kids in the North Stand alone and have stewards who are a help instead of a hindrance in that stand?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
My Grandfather was born there, and had one of the Saddle and Harness-makers shops in the family empire there.

Then you go the wrong way. Hour max.

???? Let me know when you plan to do this and I will ensure I avoid the A27/A259! TomTom route planner gives it 1hr 48 min 56.4 miles - due to the plethora of road works on the coast is is currently suggesting the "pretty way" via Uckfield/Heathfield/Bodiam (!!). Via Coast comes out at 2hrs 43mins and 52.7 miles!!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The club had mentioned it several times on twitter - they were giving away free tickets.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm sorry but F*** OFF ! No way in the world you can drive from Hove to Rye in an hour. Absolutely impossible.

Agreed I lived in Icklesham, a village 4 miles west of Rye. It took me minimum of 1 hour 20 mins to get to Withdean. I always gave myself 2h to get there.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Agreed I lived in Icklesham, a village 4 miles west of Rye. It took me minimum of 1 hour 20 mins to get to Withdean. I always gave myself 2h to get there.

I used to play football for İcklesham on the slopey village green pitch! Great days!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'm 30 and I don't know a single person my age who uses twitter! That said about 10% of the 17/18 year olds at work are on it and have been trying to get the others to lately. They seem so far to have been laughed at as twitter is apparently to paraphrase the youth of today.......... not very good!

Who is it ACTUALLY meant for?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
You have such a wry sense of humour.
But is the place really in our catchment area? Go that distance from Mansfield and you're in Stockport or Walsall.

Just shows how big our catchment area is. Rye is in East Sussex, who else would you support if you lived there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here