Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fans Banter Pages

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
"Banter" is mostly racist, sexist and homophobic.

"Bants" is very racist, sexist and homophobic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ. Is mouldy defending 'banter'?

I'd just like to point out that the heaps of derision and mocking he gets on NSC for his unusual declarations are banter, or bantz.

I hope that clears up any misunderstandings ???

D

Deleted member 2719

I would imagine the original dictionary definition of banter was written at the same time as the original dictionary definition of gay

Okay, so the dictionary is wrong then?

This conversation could go in all directions.

But most people, pre-snowflakes, will understand that banter is light-hearted fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

But most people pre-snowflakes, will understand that banter is light hearted fun.

The problem is that a lot of what is passed off as 'banter' these days isn't light hearted fun at all, but is designed solely to be offensive and insulting.

D

Deleted member 2719

The problem is that a lot of what is passed off as 'banter' these days isn't light hearted fun at all, but is designed solely to be offensive and insulting.

Fair enough, I am not sure all would agree with that. I must live in a different world as I have not seen this happen.

But I am not on twitter, is that where it is being passed off as banter???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

But most people, pre-snowflakes, will understand that banter is light-hearted fun.

At the very very best, banter is tiresome, tedious and unimaginative “humour”...like when footballers hilariously go on about a team mate’s hair cut or their “clobber” or the gobshite in the pub. This really is as good as it gets. At worst it’s thinly veiled bigotry. Neither strike me as light-hearted fun.

D

Deleted member 2719

At the very very best, banter is tiresome, tedious and unimaginative “humour”...like when footballers hilariously go on about a team mate’s hair cut or their “clobber” or the gobshite in the pub. This really is as good as it gets. At worst it’s thinly veiled bigotry. Neither strike me as light-hearted fun.

Hmmmm, **makes note** tread on egg shells with HT. No humour allowed.
Would you class yourself as a team player or an individual?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
NSC must be the most 'precious' of all fans forms. No banter please, we're Brighton. FFS.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
NSC must be the most 'precious' of all fans forms. No banter please, we're Brighton. FFS.

No banter please, we’re Brighton!

There’s a certain ring to that phrase. It would look great on a scarf, or a t-shirt. Like!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Have you completely ignored my wide range of puns? And it was only a few days ago someone called me sarcastic....which is of course the highest form of wit. It’s best we overlook the fact the same person was also calling me smug, sanctimonious, and a prick, though.

I can do both roles.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

You should be grateful that Lord Tubbthumper allows your absolute bollocks, of PB’s week after week with the highest attainable VO2 max Achievable by anyone ever, on his thread.

D

Deleted member 2719

Have you completely ignored my wide range of puns? And it was only a few days ago someone called me sarcastic....which is of course the highest form of wit. It’s best we overlook the fact the same person was also calling me smug, sanctimonious, and a prick, though.

I can do both roles.

I must have missed that.

I only asked about being a team player because if you hadn't experienced this you may have a different view on banter, as you would not have been involved in this form of human fusion.
I have been in several team's over the years, and all have used banter as a primary form of team bonding.

Can't beat it in my book.

D

Deleted member 2719

You should be grateful that Lord Tubbthumper allows your absolute bollocks, of PB’s week after week with the highest attainable VO2 max Achievable by anyone ever, on his thread.

Nice banter Knocky:lolol:

Just in case your were serious, I was banging out PB's regularly, but after finding I was probably training to hard according to several posters, I have backed off, hence no PB's recently.

My VO2 to date is good, but I don't believe it's the best.

Don't worry I am not in the same league as you pros.

So none of it bolloxs I am afraid.:p

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2020-10-11-21-37-47.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2020-10-11-21-37-47.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 60

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here