Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fannying about at the back

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Hang on…Ings was playing? I thought he was on the bench! I didn’t notice him.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Fanny Cradock Cooking GIF

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

That’s just beautiful. Like many others I was at times thinking it would all go wrong yesterday, but it didn’t!
Several times in the second half I was thinking “get rid of it!”, then we emerge in midfield with acres of space. Have more confidence! Wonderful stuff.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It’s beautiful, exciting, risky, and is keeping me young.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Without meaning to sound condescending to some sections of our fans at matches, there’s an element of “educating” them about our footballing philosophy and this has naturally taken time. We are playing football right now (and also prior under Potter) that has been alien to us for every single fan’s lifetime.

What I really do like is both Sanchez and Steele are perfectly happy going longer when needed under pressure or if it presents an opportunity to attack.
Deffo this. The amount of people that get annoyed with this element of the game frustrates the hell out of me. Each week I remind myself that I need to bring my flip chart and explain the “artificial press”. It’s our game plan and we are getting better at it. It’s also a delight to watch. At one point yesterday I shouted “like a hot knife through butter”. I was embarrassed but I enjoyed the moment while others were changing their bedsheets around me.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Absolutely love it. I know we’re going to properly louse it up at some point but it’s brilliant to watch……pinging pass after pass, under immense pressure in tight areas but creating massive gaps as the oppo think they’ve got a chance of stealing it. There were multiple examples today, just fantastic.
Wait until we do, the number of ‘knew it would happen’ will be deafening.

Absolutely brilliant, but I do feel the club should invest in a few more defibrillators, probably under every seat…..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wait until we do, the number of ‘knew it would happen’ will be deafening.

Absolutely brilliant, but I do feel the club should invest in a few more defibrillators, probably under every seat…..
Years ago my bank manager who had some health problems was advised by his GP that going to watch Brighton might be relaxing and good for him to relieve his stress. If that happened today the doctor could be accused of attempted manslaughter :lolol:

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Long may it continue. Watching Ings face as we played it around him and burst through to score was priceless.

I felt yesterday that he was bound to score but by the end he looked so pissed off 😂

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Wonder if other teams are practicing what we are doing on the training pitch and will try to play the same way at some point

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Think I'm right in saying that under RDZ we haven't effed up yet while doing this (ie conceded a goal by making a mistake). It will happen at some point I guess - and I bet we get a lot of 'Why didn't he just hoof it' comments from the dinosaurs.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Things that never get old: Caicedo receiving the ball and turning to go forward, or pinging it to the flanks, indicating we've broken the press. I bloody love it, even if I have shouted "boot it" at the TV seconds before.
Yeah Caicedo is so good at this type of football and that is the main reason for how much more efficient it has been over the last year compared to earlier.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Even NSC's greatest proponents of dicking around at the back would concede that there were a couple of hairy moments early in the first half if they're being honest shirley? Slim margins and all that

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Even NSC's greatest proponents of dicking around at the back would concede there were a few hairy moments early in the first half if they're being honest shirley?
Yes, but it is intentional and by design.

The greater risk brings a greater potential reward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here