Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fancy footwork

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Just rewatching the highlights of the Wolves match tonight since there’s no TV coverage of the Arsenal match.

Something I didn’t quite appreciate on first viewing is how intricate and confident a lot of Lallana, Mitoma, Trossard and Solly’s attacking footwork was, in a way I saw in the Chelsea match, but don’t remember so much under previous management.

Where we would previously tend to blast the ball at a wall of bodies and then see the attack mopped up, we seem to have started moving through those tighter spaces.

Is this just my imagination, or have we improved in this regard over the last couple of games?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Probably never seen Lallana as good (though he's had some fine games) in the last few years. As for Mitoma I thought he looked like a slick dribbler from day one and I've seen Trossard turn defenses inside out for years.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
It just feels to me that we seem more confident and capable in congested penalty areas than previously, in a way that feels new. The new gaffer getting his ideas across hopefully.

Anyway, let’s hope it continues tonight, it seems Sky Sports have announced the lineups and are showing Caicedo playing in central defence(!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here