Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fancy Dress for Leeds away - THE VILLAGE PEOPLE

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Taking the 'construction worker' to the simplest level - we could all wear HIGH VIZ jackets, coats or bibs.
These are all readily available (or cheap to buy) and would certainly give the stewards something to think about !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm thinking of going, but I'm looking for somewhere to stay. Somewhere where I can get cleaned, have a good meal, and do whatever I feel.
Any suggestions?

Where in Yorkshire ? Are you mad ?

Village People - bad idea.

I attend every game dressed as a Red Indian - I need a change !

Vicars & Tarts ?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Nuns?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Said it before and hopefully saying it again this time, won't result in Gus 'moving to Leeds', in 10 minutes time.

Soul Patch Saturday - 04.05.13

Feb 14, 2010
Always need a fancy dress day on the last day of the season and the idea of thousands of Village People walking around Leeds on a Saturday would really make me laugh. This could top the famous Gulls Eye Elvis invasion of Ipswich, well without he pitch invasion ect ect ..

Jan 30, 2008
always need a fancy dress day on the last day of the season and the idea of thousands of village people walking around leeds on a saturday would really make me laugh. This could top the famous gulls eye elvis invasion of ipswich, well without he pitch invasion ect ect ..
elvis has left the pub to talk to the OB:whistle:
regards
DR

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Always need a fancy dress day on the last day of the season and the idea of thousands of Village People walking around Leeds on a Saturday would really make me laugh. This could top the famous Gulls Eye Elvis invasion of Ipswich, well without he pitch invasion ect ect ..

The good thing is that it gives people different options, clothing wise.

Also like the nuns idea though: a few hundred nuns turning up at Elland Road would be immense. That could look as good as the mass Smurf pilgrimage.

ada4bha

Jan 27, 2010
So want to get involved in some dressing up .... Are we any closer on a definite theme ...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
So want to get involved in some dressing up .... Are we any closer on a definite theme ...

Well The Village People theme seems to be going down quite well just need a few more agreeing to it and maybe a poll to set the wheels in motion
I personally think it would be the funniest fancy dress at a football match and I think we could end up getting a lot of media coverage as well

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Man up, you massive girl's blouse :) I made it from Haywards Heath to Victoria, trekked across London on the Tube, & then sat on a train from St Pancras to Nottingham and back dressed as the Queen for the 2011 season finale, so I'm sure you can cope with a bus trip.

None of those Hartlepool smurfs batted an eyelid last season either.

And very good you looked as well!

Trouble is, you are now asking men to dress as a queen?! lol

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
Would both annoy Leeds (I still like the fact that their old 'hooligan' pub is now a gay bar) and show that the 300-ish members of the BHASC don't necessarily represent the views of all the Brighton fans, so good idea on at least two levels.

Reminds me of this video, the lad charging into Palace at 1:04 in full Rocky Horror Show get-up with suspenders
Palace v Birmingham City Crowd Trouble 1989 - YouTube

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here