Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fancy dress fascists. Offensive Halloween costumes...

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Certain types wear Che Guevra t-shirts all the time in public and that fella was a cold blooded murderer.

Nobody seems to mind that though.

People who wear Che Guevra t-shirts are obviously people who have no idea what the word irony means. Regardless of whether you think he was a terrorist or a freedom fighter having his face on your t-shirt kind of goes against everything he stood for...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Halloween
american shite

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As we both know mate , there are several types of patient , the homicial maniac, axe murderer types , as depicted by the costume , and the less severely affected , nobody is going to confuse the two.

Are the less severely affected the ones who commit suicide........... I,m confused.
I mean what do they wear ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Offended or no, if ever a story qualified as "tomorrow's chip wrapping" this is it.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
:lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Or a bit closer to home - Brighton Marina Asda Woman outfit complete with grim pyjamas, tattoos, pink furry slippers. Only available in sizes 16 and above.

The female staff at Asda still have to wear a green blouse and black trousers/skirt :thumbsup:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
But why should it offend anybody?

It could have been sold under a different name for example 'slasher movie villain', and nobody would have batted an eyelid. I think this is a case of buyers/marketeers at both Tesco and Asda not really thinking things through properly.

Absolutely spot on! Perhaps Talking Heads might have to reissue that classic record as there is an inference that all those unfortunate people with psychiatric problems are prone to acts of murder!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
As we both know mate , there are several types of patient , the homicial maniac, axe murderer types , as depicted by the costume , and the less severely affected , nobody is going to confuse the two.

Social services seem to from time to time.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Just text a member of my family who works with people who have mental conditions - the staff where she works all find it massively over the top and that the only thing wrong about it is the name "Mental Health Patient" - but its surely nothing some renaming couldnt sort out.

A part of me thinks this is partly some Mental Health charities seeking a bit of free PR.....

I guess that person is not working as a health professional. One of the greatest problems for people suffering mental health issues, is the reaction/opinion/behaviours of others with regards to their problems. Labelling a blood soaked killer outfit as a mental health patient, is beyond crass.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The fact that big organisations pander to it just encourages others to be offended.

I long for the day when Tescos or Wallmart release a statement that says: "Get a life and get over yourselves you useless, whiney tw*ts. It's make-believe, it's not supposed to depict a real mental hospital and we all know that you know that. You just want something to complain about because the rest of your pitiful life is so empty and meaningless"

I do some work at a mental health unit in london and all the patients I've seen are wearing nomal clothes.
This.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Or Asda Hollingbury woman: missing teeth, a tag, pack of smart price nappies, and 4 pack of wkd. Only available in Age 9-12
Hey! That's good..like it..people are too sensitive these days...taking up arms to appear righteous...nothing wrong with a bit of fun.....and I have had three handicapped children from my two marriages before the do-gooders come on here with their fake outrage...lighten up...my kids love a laugh as well...

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Two weeks before he stabbed his girlfriend 40 times to death in Bognor in February 2002, I smoked a joint with a mate in the woods. Although he was acting very strange when stoned at the time I never feared for my safety. It could so easily have been me. Chilling though looking back as he was obviously very disturbed, suffering from paranoid schizophrenia.

Couldn't care less about all this psycho stuff on the shelves. Serial killers do fascinate me though and their motives. Before anyone gets all uppity, I've had my own battles with mental health.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Hey! That's good..like it..people are too sensitive these days...taking up arms to appear righteous...nothing wrong with a bit of fun.....and I have had three handicapped children from my two marriages before the do-gooders come on here with their fake outrage...lighten up...my kids love a laugh as well...

:thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
never did understand what exactly is defensible about deliberately denegrating a portion of our society for something for which they cannot be held responsible. I guess it panders to some peoples' fear of what they dont understand and to others' need to inflict hurt (in particular) on those who are least able to strike back.
Still I guess those I cannot understand are unlikely to understand me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here