Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fancy a friendly kick about on the 27th July?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I don't blame them, i'd look for excuses not to go to Croydon if i had to go there too.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
If we weren't playing Oxford away on the 27th it would've been good to play Palarse. A real test for the team.

Why no Crawley friendly this year??

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
eagles #1 said:
Inter Milan have pulled out of our friendly because they're scared of the terrorists. f***ing pussys :angry:

I think that was just an excuse they made up when they realised the type of place they were going to have to visit. Kind of like when a chick breaks up with you saying "it's not you, it's me". Sorry to break this to you, eagles#1.

Last edited:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Our Chairmans response

Jordan on SSN - "It's different for us than the other clubs, they are in breach of a transfer agreement by not coming. It's pathetic, we are in the suburbs while England play Australia in central London. If they don't come, they're gonna get sued. It's cowardly. They're going to allow terrorists to dictate the way that people conduct themselves. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact. They could fly into Croydon. THere's no bombs going off in South London, Norwich, Portsmouth, Leicester. The emergency services stuff is an excuse - if the police felt this was too much they would say so. I'm angry on 3 fronts - I spent a million pound on a player who only played 27 minutes and now they pull out, I'm angry as they have messed up our centenary celebrations, and I'm angry as a Londoner. They are going to get sued, this is a sad indictment of sport, when you've got footballers refusing to play in a city where people on minimum wage are prepared to carry on. We were told yesterday that South American players wouldn't come, now we are told it's club officials. This is not a terrorist hot target, this is not the West of London, I think perhaps they are taking this opportunity because they didn't want to come anyway. We encourage people to come anyway, as we will try and put something else on. If their bravery on the pitch reflects their bravery off it it probably wouldn't have been a very good game anyway."

:clap2:

(show us the compensation bitch :lolol: )

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
eagles #1 said:
Our Chairmans response

Jordan on SSN - "It's different for us than the other clubs, they are in breach of a transfer agreement by not coming. It's pathetic, we are in the suburbs while England play Australia in central London. If they don't come, they're gonna get sued. It's cowardly. They're going to allow terrorists to dictate the way that people conduct themselves. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact. They could fly into Croydon. THere's no bombs going off in South London, Norwich, Portsmouth, Leicester. The emergency services stuff is an excuse - if the police felt this was too much they would say so. I'm angry on 3 fronts - I spent a million pound on a player who only played 27 minutes and now they pull out, I'm angry as they have messed up our centenary celebrations, and I'm angry as a Londoner. They are going to get sued, this is a sad indictment of sport, when you've got footballers refusing to play in a city where people on minimum wage are prepared to carry on. We were told yesterday that South American players wouldn't come, now we are told it's club officials. This is not a terrorist hot target, this is not the West of London, I think perhaps they are taking this opportunity because they didn't want to come anyway. We encourage people to come anyway, as we will try and put something else on. If their bravery on the pitch reflects their bravery off it it probably wouldn't have been a very good game anyway."

:clap2:

(show us the compensation bitch :lolol: )

There's not much Jordan could do if the chairmen of the three other clubs let it slide.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
perth seagull said:
There's not much Jordan could do if the chairmen of the three other clubs let it slide.
Yes there is. They're breakng a transfer agreement. When Nicola Ventola came here on loan last season Inter agreed to play us in a friendly as part of the deal.

They may be reconsidering it...

Internazionale have announced that they are reconsidering their decision to cancel their tour of England.

The Serie A giants had announced on Saturday that they would not fulfil their four-match friendly against Crystal Palace, Leicester City, Norwich City and Portsmouth because of security fears.

The Nerazzurri were concerned about making the trip to the UK following the recent terrorist attacks in London, with the club's players having expressed particular fears over their proposed trip.

Their decision brought widespread condemnation from the clubs affected, with Palace chairman Simon Jordan telling Sky Sports News that he would take legal action against the Giuseppe Meazza outfit for their decision to pull out.

Yet, in a remarkable turn of events, Inter released another statement late on Saturday evening that stated they would reconsider their original decision to pull out of the tour.

"After the misunderstanding which has arisen following the cancellation of the team's tour of England, so as not to further stretch the already severely occupied security services, the club's ownership have spoken with president Giacinto Facchetti and head coach Roberto Mancini and is examining the possibility of finding a positive solution to the matter and be coherent with the will of the initial project." read the Inter statement on the club's official website.

Reports in Italy suggest that Inter owner Massimo Moratti is trying to reconfirm their tour as originally planned.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
eagles #1 said:
Wont be coming on the 18th October then? Typical.

I probably won't be because your club is fearful of being overrun by Brighton fans again and has cut the allocation,allegedly.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Brixtaan said:
I probably won't be because your club is fearful of being overrun by Brighton fans again and has cut the allocation,allegedly.
Blame us? You didnt exactly sell out last time..

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
We sold 5,000 last time?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Does it matter how many we brought?

My 'Palace chums' say that about 80% of the AW was taken uop that day.

Anyhow..young man I shall be at the game on Wednesday..with the Milan Massive of course.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
eagles #1 said:
Inter Milan have pulled out of our friendly because they're scared of the terrorists. f***ing pussys :angry:
Yeah im up for kicking your head around the park:drink: :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here